Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD cant open up file.

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Adobe XD users.

Im facing a serious issue on not able to open my files of XD.

This message keep poping out, even i had my adobe XD with the latest version of Version : 15.0.12.8.

Screenshot 2019-02-08 at 13.20.15.png

When i click "Update Now" it closed the whole XD program,  my Adobe Creative Suit shows that i had updated my Adobe XD :

Screenshot 2019-02-08 at 13.24.09.png

Even I had tried to revert to the older version, it still does not open the file.

HELP NEEDED, PLEASE..

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Hi everyone, please update Adobe XD to the latest release Adobe XD 16 and please update this discussion if this issue has resolved for you.

Here is how you can update to the latest build: - Update apps to the latest release of Adobe Creative Cloud

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Discussion successfully moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to Adobe XD CC

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you restart your computer after updating? Have your tried to completely sign out of the Creative Cloud Manager (not quit) and then back in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, i did it doesnt work either. Even uninstall and reinstalling both old n new version. It just happen today, all the file that was save today was unable to open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the file?

Can you create a new document? Can you open other documents?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, im able to create new documents n those document which i didt not open and saved today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like the file you are having problems with is corrupted. If you can share the file, I can try to open it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the offering, but i cant share the work file due to p&c issue, sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. I worked on the file this morning. Updated XD and now I cannot open the file and get the same error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a workaround solution, and if it isn't too much of a problem, can you try recreating your file in the version of Adobe XD that is now open on your computer? Also, can you let me know of the Adobe XD version that you are trying to open the files with?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tried, took them forever to reply...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version : 15.0.12.8.

I have been working on the file since August! I cannot recreate all the work that has gone in to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was just an option in case if it was possible. I perfectly understand if that isn't a viable solution for you.

Do share the file with me, and I will try to investigate at my end.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WE NEED REPLY FROM XD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears there is a serious problem with this update. I have read several reports of this problem online.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone, sorry for the inconvenience it has caused to you, the engineering team is aware of this issue and they are working on this fix actively. Meanwhile, I would like to know if you have shared the xd file with Preran as per his request?

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having the same issue. Stuck on version 15, shared to someone who is on version 16, and now unable to open the file on my version 15 XD CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am able to reproduce this issue. New files are automatically saved to the Cloud Document server and sadly can't be opened.

Notes:

Build: 15.0.12.8 Creative Cloud Sync 4.1.0.29

New document

Auto-Saved to Cloud Documents

Xd crashed when laptop sent into sleep mode

Document shows up in Recent Docs and in Cloud Documents directory

Opening document:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, please update Adobe XD to the latest release Adobe XD 16 and please update this discussion if this issue has resolved for you.

Here is how you can update to the latest build: - Update apps to the latest release of Adobe Creative Cloud

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2019 Feb 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Atul - The update fixed the issue. I was able to open the documents that I created yesterday. As a side note I was trying to save the same file locally to an external drive when Xd crashed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cmgap, thanks for your assistance on this thread and sharing the details. In case you are still facing issue while saving the file, please try the steps mentioned here: - Issue saving xd files to creative cloud and let us know if this helps.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not solved. Not in my world. In fact. As of today XD won't open 30 of my most recent projects. All of which is client work. Reproducing the work is not viable. Opening them all on another user computer is not viable. Everything is updated. My computer has been restarted. This beyond a serious issue, and erases any reason to use XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll add that I can view them on the cloud site but unable to open them in the XD application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share a document so that  I can try to open it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of the files are under an NDA. Even the ones that aren't won't let me grab a shareable link to provide you since they are trapped in the cloud.

I will try and have my partner open them up on his computer when he comes available. Even if he can, these docs are shared with a team. I'm not sure what kind of chaos this shifting of ownership will cause.

The only older files I can open ar ethe ones listed under shared with me. But nothing I created before today will open.

I created a new document and it opened up ok.

I feel adobe should be sued for lost time/revenue. This is a business tool not candy crush.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines