• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD Crashed! I had saved my file, and when I reopened, it was not saved!

New Here ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

3 hours of work GONE! I made sure to save my Adobe XD file before I went to export the artboards. When I Clicked on export artboards, the program crashed. I went to reopen my file, and NOTHING was saved. How can I recover the file? I know for a fact that I saved before choosing to export.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Hi guys,

Adobe XD 8.1 fixes this issue and is now live, please check the Apps section in the Adobe Creative Cloud (use "Check for App Updates" if you can't see the update yet).

Thanks,

Radu.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure if you will be able to recover your file. I am hoping that someone here has a better idea than I do.

About checking for updates, did you click the gear icon on yoru creative cloud and choose Check for app updates? What's the current version that you have on  your computer.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm fully updated, and have been having the same issue. Just lost a full days worth of work. I know I've been saving throughout the day, and now after the crash, my file is showing yesterdays work! I'm using latest macOS, and latest XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preran​, I have the latest version of XD, and also Mac Operating systems. Waiting for a reply as to why this is happening from you and the adobe team.

Thanks,

Maha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preran, I am having the same issue here!!! 25-JUL-2018. XD Version 10.0.12.9 / Creative Cloud Sync 3.0.3.6 / Macbook Air

It happened twice to me, on Sunday the first time, and yesterday!!! SHAME ON YOU! A total of 5 hours of work are gone!. Yesterday I was saving every single new screen I created, and before going to bed I saved a backup in Creative Cloud.

XD is not crashing at all, I am "saving" my progress as you normally do, but OH BIG SURPRISE!!, when I am coming back to keep working on my project, my progress is not there! How is this possible????, you are a BIG COMPANY with a LOT OF RESOURCES ($$$$$$) this error is so amateur, and it is very critical, since MAY?? REALLY ADOBE??. I will not use XD until you fix this, and this is COST TIME AND MONEY!!!, it does not make any sense to put all the hard work an time if you CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT MY PROGRESS WILL BE SAVED.

ARE YOU GOING TO REFUND???? I am paying every month for a software that WORKS!, not for this.

I´ll be waiting for your answer and for you TO FIX THIS CRITICAL CRITICAL ERROR FROM YOUR SIDE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ferdinand,

Apologize for your frustration, we will do our best to help you. If you are on the latest version of Adobe XD, and you had saved your file before the crash, you should be able to see the recovered file in the Recent Files section of the opening Adobe XD screen.

About the crashes itself, it could be because of issues related to your hardware, especially your graphic driver. Please visit the manufacturer's site and check if you have all the updates installed. We are also aware of crashes in the Beta version of Windows 10 and the team is working on it.

If both these cases do not hold good for you, please send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone number over a private message. To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button. We will get in touch with you for investigation.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2019 Apr 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran.

I have moved one of our projects from Invision over to Adobe XD 18.0.12.9 CC Sync 4.2.1.51

I have lost all my work because it has auto saved and the program crashed. So now when i open the file, many of the ArtBoards are not showing and also a lot of the graphics are missing.

1. What do i do to get it back?

2. How do I prevent that this will happen again?

I am afraid to use Adobe XD if i can lose my work this easy. It is a lot of hours I lose. 

Best regards

Danny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dannyjeppesen,

Apologize for your experience. That's definitely not a great experience. I will do my best to help.

Just so that I understand well, can you provide me with more info on what you mean by, "have moved one of our projects from Invision over to Adobe XD 18.0.12.9 CC Sync 4.2.1.51". Can you let us know how you did that?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The team tells me that they are aware of the issue and they are investigating it on priority. I will let you know as soon as I have more info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hy my system didnt crash and i lost a full day work, is really depressing cause i keep savin every seconds of the dauy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry to hear about your experience. Just to be sure, are you on the latest version of Adobe XD? For quick assistance, I suggest that you get in touch with our tech support team using this link Contact Customer Care​ Use the chat button on the page to get started.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happened to me yesterday too. Same issue, still not solved costed me 5h of work. Maybe just make local copies of document every hour or so too instead of just faulty cloud documents so it's easier to recover lost progress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Artur,

We're sorry for the frustration. I understand how you feel, I will do my best to help you. Based on what you said, it seems like you're unable to find the file saved in the cloud. I'd like to know a few more details about this like:

• What is the OS and XD version of your machine?
  • If it's a specific file which is missing or all the files?

Awaiting your response.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've already reported this issue to support, It's being worked on. I haven't lost the file, but progress inside from 5h of work. On some point Adobe XD has just stopped saving to cloud and I wasn't able to save even manually. I'm on the latest version of macOS and Adobe XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that it could be annoying to lose the file. But I am glad that you're back on track. Please feel free to reach out to us in future for any query related to Adobe XD. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the same EXACT thing just happened to me. I lost three hours of work as well. I have been saving all afternoon then it crashed, I opened it back up and my work was lost, back to three hours earlier. Like the OP I am 100% certain that I have been saving as normal all afternoon. I am on 8.0.22.11 on a MacbookPro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would recommend saving a NEW file instead. Then delete the previous version. I can believe I’ve lost a full days worth of work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

We are aware of this issue and it is currently our top priority. We have found the source of the problem and we'll be releasing an update to fix it as soon as possible. In the meanwhile, although not ideal, I can provide you with a workaround for this issue: try and keep an eye on the "Edited" label in the document's top bar. That label should disappear each time you save manually (from the menu or by using Cmd+S). If it stops disappearing when hitting Cmd+S, your changes are no longer being saved. When you see this happening, open the layers panel, select the very first artboard in the list, scroll down and SHIFT+select the last one (including the Pasteboard). Now hit Cmd+C to copy all your artwork to the clipboard. Next, you'll have to `Force Quit` XD. You do this by right-clicking on the dock icon, holding ALT pressed and selecting `Force Quit`. Next, start XD, open a new document and Paste (Cmd+V) all the artwork you previously copied. Once you've done that, you can also open the document in which you were previously working and see how much of your work hadn't been saved and just bring it over from the newly opened document where you pasted your data.

Again, I know this is not ideal and I apologize for the frustration this has caused you. I can assure you we are working flat-out to get this fix out to you as soon as possible and also to ensure it never happens again.

Thanks,

Radu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How long is this update going to take? The fact that I keep losing my work every hour at work is frustrating I keep having to re-do work its slowing down productivity and becoming a royal pain in the a** if I am honest! Sort it out! I press save every time I do something and the fact that it just doesn't do it what the...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

Adobe XD 8.1 fixes this issue and is now live, please check the Apps section in the Adobe Creative Cloud (use "Check for App Updates" if you can't see the update yet).

Thanks,

Radu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2018 Jun 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just happened to me also. 4.5hrs of work lost...

I see there is completely no mention of this issue in update notes, just the generic 'XD is updated regularly' message...

Update.jpg

Users should be advised that 8.1 is a critical update. It is not acceptable for users to have to find out about this issue by realising they just lost hours of their work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crashed for me, using latest even deleted the last save i made .. seriously bad .. whole day work wasted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ajay,

Could you give us more details about your problem? What do you mean by "even deleted the last save i made"? Are you saying the .xd file is now missing? Also, can you confirm you were using XD 8.1 and not XD 8.0?

Thanks,

Radu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey I am issuing the same problem. I was working on my a project all day yesterday. Present this morning. Then my laptop crashed. When I reopen nothing has been change expect my first two actions since the creation of the file. I am running on windows 10 and Adobe XD Version 9.1.12.3 (Starter). PLEASE help me find a recover, urgent!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am having the same issue I have lost all the work I have done which was 8 hours plus, I had been saving and also published a prototype. The prototype is showing what I would expect but the XD file has now gone back to a file a few days ago.

What can I do to get this back? Do I have start all over again, is there a recovery file and will this keep happening again? It is getting very frustrating!!

I am using the latest version on a Surface Book, windows 10. XD version 10.0.12

Kind regards,

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines