• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Xd crashes on window resizing, prototypes and layers

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since two updates ago my Adobe Xd crashes upon window resizing, using prototypes and clicking on layers. I've tried reinstalling, but still the same problem. Anybody got a fix?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

There is a known issue with Windows 10 RS3 v1709 and certain NVIDIA drivers where XD crashes when performing actions that change canvas size.  Actions include:

* Resizing the XD window by dragging the app edges, or performing maximize or restore.

* Going into Prototype mode.

* Toggling the Assets panel or Layers panel on and off.

Workaround:

Please download & install the latest video drivers for your machine from www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

Please let us know if this solves the problem or not.

T

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a known issue with Windows 10 RS3 v1709 and certain NVIDIA drivers where XD crashes when performing actions that change canvas size.  Actions include:

* Resizing the XD window by dragging the app edges, or performing maximize or restore.

* Going into Prototype mode.

* Toggling the Assets panel or Layers panel on and off.

Workaround:

Please download & install the latest video drivers for your machine from www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

Please let us know if this solves the problem or not.

Thanks,

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Windows 10 1709, nvidia card.

Updated drivers, reinstalled app... but no solution yet. This is happening since Falls Crators update.

Working under this circumstances has become impossible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i too have the problem as manur72632258 describes, even after updating drivers etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rolling back to a really old driver (342.00) solved the issue for me. You should try that, drlrdsen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, Win10 Nvidia Quadro 2000, crash Adobe XD CC. Updated drivers but still not working. Any other advice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same graphics card as you, balkovsky I recommend you to try rolling back to driver 342.00. It has worked for me so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried rolling back to 342.00 too, but problem persist with XD.

But now I've also a problem with Premiere, that asked me to upgrade the videocard drivers.

Then finally I've re-upgraded to the latest drivers.

-_- feeling disappointed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How long will it take to fix this known issue? Almost a year has past already and I still can't use XD and yes I have already tried all suggested fixes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. And I have the newest Drivers for my NVIDIA card... There is any solution here??

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2019 May 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm facing the same problem. how can we fix it?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Return to older driver fo Quatro 2000 solved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, no fix yet.

(why this thread has been marked as "Solved"?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last release of Adobe CC do not support Quadro 2000 anymore.

I bought a new graphic card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FIY, now than I have a GeForce RTX 2080 Super, XD is still crashing.

Dear Adobe this time I'll not renew my CC subscription. It's not worth it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologize for your experience. The system requirements for Adobe XD are mentioned in this article https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/system-requirements.html I don't see Quadro listed. If Adobe XD was working well on  yoru computer and you are now running into issues, I suggest that you get in touch with our tech support team using this link https://adobe.ly/2WYE62m Use the chat button to get started.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply, I took a look to the requirements and no graphic cards are mentioned at all.

adobexdrequirements.jpg

During the last months I've also read tons of pages, mostly from your forum: the problem is well documented, and Adobe in all this time has never provided a fix.

For your comfort:

xdquadro2000.jpg

Someone fixed it by himself installing an old drivers version. Not my case: I tried but without success.

I also tried to chat with your tech support but the queue was too long for my life expectancy.

I've also contacted Nvidia support, they literally said me to buy a newer card.

Soooo IMO you both are two terrible companies, putting things on the market with no sufficient tests, no sufficient support, a loooooooooong list of incompatibilities, as many new features as bugs, and your products are every day worse. I experience the issue in a daily base, working almost every day with CC.

I could discuss with you of other main issues you never fixed in years, or other you introduced in the latest releases. But again, it's not worth it. I'm wasting my time and piling up anger.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally get your frustration. If you would like us to contact you for investigation, send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone number over a private message, and the time at which you would like to be contacted. Chances are that you may still have to purchase a new card, but our agents can check to see if that is indeed the case.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This morning I've updated XD to the latest version (26.0.22), and Nvidia Drivers too (442.19).

XD is still crashing after opening any document.

I'm sending tons of reports to Adobe and each time I press the "send" button I hear flushing the toilet.

(Ah @Preran, if only you had read the previous messages you'd have discovered that I have already bought a new card)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@kalamunAny progress on this? I've suddenly begun having a similar issue where XD crashes whenever I try to change layer type, zoom in/out using the scroll wheel, or drag with spacebar. Task Manager shows GPU spiking up to 100 and dropping every time XD crashes this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem for years! I tried everything but it is still crashing. After this new update is even worse! I/m basically paying for something I cannot use!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines