• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD crashes (White screen) on launch on Windows 10 machine

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2019 Sep 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone, please try to update XD to the latest version using this link: - Update apps to the latest release of Adobe Creative Cloud.​ In case that doesn't work, please try solutions mentioned below-

If you still face the issue, please generate logs, Crash dumps and upload them to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the URL with HARSHIKA_VERMA.

We will try our best to escalate the issue.

Thanks

TOPICS
Crash on windows , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

I've been told that this is an ongoing issue which has been addressed and that is known with Adobe XD on MS Windows 10.

Even though most of the troubleshooting tips are inclined to instruct the users to perform an update of XD to its latest version and/or a simple restart of their system to fix it, I am more inclined to suuport the other users who have exhausted all other tips available in the forums.

If we look the Adobe XD Release Notes, system requirements https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Hi There,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry to hear you are facing trouble using Adobe XD.We would like to know a few more details  like-

1. The version of XD.
  2. The version of Win OS build which you are using(Type run in search tab present taskbar and type winver inside run: share the screenshot of it).
  3. The version of creative cloud.
  4. The version of Graphic driver(type dxdiag on Windows search and select the Display tab)
  5. Are you getting any blank screen while opening XD.
  6. Is it possible to share

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 495 Replies 495
Explorer ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have a small update (not a real solution sadly...).

I installed XD on another laptop, fresh Windows 10 Pro Insiders install (just formatted) with build 17679.1000 (canary channel) and it does launch (sets are enabled), however it crash on any file open/create.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New build installed today (17682.100) : same punition, XD opens without issue but crashes if you open a document or try to add text in a new document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was there ever a resolution to this? I'm having the same exact problem with the same exact error codes.

Windows 10 Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. I'm on 17686 18063-1447

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What did the product team have to say? It's been over a month. Has anybody even tried to find out? It would be a tragedy if the next stable update was released by Microsoft and Adobe hadn't done anything about it.

Or maybe Adobe will just tank XD like they did Muse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2018 Jun 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is not dropping XD anytime soon.

Actually they are investing a LOT on it at the moment.

Rest assured

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

xd.pngHad same issue...XD worked yesterday and today when I opened it crashes in about 4 secs...I solved it by reseting app using  the windows inbuilt app settings....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work for me. I'm on build 17692.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works now!

I'm on build 17711 and just downloaded the latest XD. I've had XD up for about three hours and have done all kinds of things to try to break it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still happening on my end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since today, with the last update of Adobe XD (10.0.12.9), all seems going well, finally...

I'm running the last Windows 10 insider update : 17713.1000.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this issue. Both XD and Win10 is fully up to date. I've tried reinstalling and restarting my PC. Nothing has worked. Has anyone found an actual fix yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too. I have same problem I do spend 1-2 hours just to open. But when I open it works Ok

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've spent over 10 hours following every recommendation online. I have the most recent updates on Windows 10. (Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362)

I have the most recent version of Adobe XD (30.0.12)

I've looked at graphics drivers (all updated), and even tried disabling them. I've looked at registry files - though those directions don't work. I've restarted my machine countless times.

Creative Cloud launches but then closes if you try to start a new file, open an exiting file stored on the computer, or open a cloud document. All of them show a screen with nothing on it, then shuts down with no prompt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please check if you have tried all the steps suggested here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/troubleshooting-adobe-xd-crashes-white-screen-on-launch-on-w...

If yes, I'd request you to contact us directly using this link:https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html 

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did try all of those steps before i posted here. Nothing has worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I am facing the same problem since yesterday.

I have updated Creative cloud desktop and Adobe xd too. I also followed the instructions but nothing has worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Since you have already tried the steps shared above, I'd request you to contact us directly using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to get XD top open, it just shows a white window and then closes. All the other apps work fine. Conclusion = XD broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alexs,

Sorry that you are unable to use Adobe XD. Could you please share the OS version which you are using along with the version of Adobe XD which is installed on your machine?

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem Win 10 - 1803 and lastest XD version (tried a downgrade too).

My windows log say the following (event manager -> system):

Serveren Adobe.CC.XD_13.1.32.8_x64__adky2gkssdxte!App.AppXpc2jz922aeh1p2kp6138cb4cezje7c48.mca blev ikke registreret af DCOM inden for det specificerede tidsrum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kim, sorry that you are unable to use Adobe XD, could you please try the steps mentioned here on this link: - Adobe Creative Cloud applications close immediately after launch? Please update this discussion in case you need further assistance.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Atul

Sign out didnt fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please enable crash dump using this link: - How to generate Crash dump on a Windows machine and share it would us using Dropbox or CC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

No dmp file is generated for XD (i see from other software, so it is saving dmp files )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines