• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD iframe embeds on Adobe portfolio are not opening on google chrome

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have embedded a few XD prototypes on my adobe portfolio website. They open in Safari but they are not opening in google chrome (It shows blank white space).

I have attached the screenshots for safari and google chrome with this post. I have tried all the usual troubleshooting steps including opening it in an incognito window. I have to start applying for a job soon and this is extremely time-sensitive and critical for me. Please let me know if this problem can be solved. 

Password for the project on my website: 12345

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

XD is 3rd party code hosted on a different domain from your Portfolio. So technically, those are 3rd party cookies.  That's one of the challenges in using <iframes> from other domains.

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/iframe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. I tested this on my end and it seems to be working on Google Chrome on my end. Could you please try resetting the browser and check again, and in case if it still doesn't work, could you please test it in incognito mode.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishabh,

So it works on google chrome now, I figured that the problem was with the user blocking third-party cookies on their chrome browser. So my next question is their a way to make iframe embeds in adobe portfolio run even when third-party cookies are blocked by the user? Many people will have their modern browsers set to "block third party cookies" like shown in the image below and won't be able to view the prototype.

Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 1.49.16 PM.png

According to what I have read online, a small change in how xd prototypes are embedded can fix the problem. For example, Can the embedded iframe be communicated as a first-party cookie on my website? Please let me know if I can do something on my end to make this work for this specific case. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

#1 Without cookies and scripts, very few sites work as expected. 

#2 Personally, I think embedded PDFs on the web are more trouble than they are worth. Too many things can go wrong.  HTML is more reliable and can be viewed in any device or browser without special viewers or APIs.

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036483773-Embed-module

#3 Please submit your PF technical issues directly to the Adobe Portfolio Team.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy,

Thank you for your advice.

#1 I agree. I have no problem with the cookies, I just have a problem with the nature of them. Adobe is an eco-system and artifacts made under it using different platforms should be communicated as first-party cookies rather than third-party cookies.

#2 Probably but I have no other choice. I have minimal HTML and js knowledge and it's definitely not enough to change the interactive prototype I made on XD to code. 

#3 I did reach out to them and this is what they said:

Screen Shot 2020-11-10 at 12.49.47 PM.png

Reaching out to XD support is turning out to be an admin nightmare which involves going through the technical support of my college since I am using an adobe education account. It would be great if someone from XD and portfolio could collaborate and let me know if this is even possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

XD is 3rd party code hosted on a different domain from your Portfolio. So technically, those are 3rd party cookies.  That's one of the challenges in using <iframes> from other domains.

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/iframe

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi KushDave, 

I use chrome and its loding fine, a slight delay, but nothing major. Looks good!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey OutWest Creatives,

Yes, it works fine. I am just trying to solve for a browser setting which some people might have. Thanks for responding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines