• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD iPad Artboard

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is there no iPad artboard more for selection on the start-up screen, just mobile? I have trouble understanding the iOS UI guidelines, since the templates provided by Apple do not match the dimensions of the devices when looking it up. I would feel "safer" designing on the Adobe XD iPad template that used to be there, but can now not be chosen in the latest version. Any thoughts on why that is? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Hi, the elements present on the official Apple files are simple guidelines that help designers in the design of their interfaces. It is then up to the designers to reorganize the various assets based on what they need to achieve. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, actually there are all sizes of iPads and iOS devices. The dimensions you see are divided by 2, as all Apple products have a retina display, which has double the pixels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help. But on my XD starting screen there are actually only mobile devices and website as well as the custom size selectable. The iPad artboard that used to be selectable is gone. But if I understand correctly I can use the iOS template off of the apple developers site even though it does not have the same dimensions than the native dimensions of say an iPad pro?! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The dimensions shown on the Apple website are correct. If you notice, take as an example an iPad Pro 12.9 ", you will find the size 1024x1366px and next to it the value multiplied by two (retina display). So, if you want to create an artboard for an iPad, iPhone or any other Apple device that has a retina display, always uses the values ​​divided by two.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect! Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I am very sorry, but I still don't get it. The default screen size would be 1024x1366. This would be the size of the artboard, that I would create with Adobe XD. But if I open the official Apple Adobe XD File "Design Templates + Components + Guides - iPad" and then go to the UI Elements and find the status bar I have a bar that is 24px high and 1194px wide. Thus, the bar is wider than the artboard. I understand that the file cannot contain all UI elements for all different iPad sizes, but how can it be larger than even the larges iPad. It is way too wiede for portrait view and obviously not wide enough for landscape view. If I'd know that the height would be correct than it would not be that big of a problem, but how can I be sure about it if the width also does not fit. Is the status bar really 24px high? Who knows?...This confuses me. Apart from the fact that I think: shouldn't the official file contain the UI elements for both landscape and portrait view. 

I am sorry, maybe I am completely dumb, but it just doesn't add up for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, the elements present on the official Apple files are simple guidelines that help designers in the design of their interfaces. It is then up to the designers to reorganize the various assets based on what they need to achieve. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iPad Pro 12.9 ", you will find the size 1024x1366px

Just to clarify - the XD file would be set up at 1024 x 1366?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, right. On Adobe XD the dimensions of the retina displays are divided by two

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines