• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD is crashing while editing text.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am in trouble with the latest version of xd. When I start typing with the text tool, it just crashes the app.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Crash on windows , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Hi there,

We are sorry for the trouble. In addition to what our experts have asked and suggested, I would suggest changing focus like minimizing and maximizing the XD window that helped various customers in past.

I am also checking with the team if there is a bug logged for this issue.

I will update here as soon as I hear back from the team.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Update: I checked with the team, there is already a bug logged for the issue and they identified that it's a Microsoft issue and they are working with the team to identify the root cause of it. 

We will update you as soon as the issue is fixed. 

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 231 Replies 231
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Drivers! Sorry but if Adobe hire people who don't understand/read the question then its a problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Rishabh,

Yes. I have the latest version and I always had. The problem is from months! Just last weeks I'm working with text more frequently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to 45.1 and still cannot type in any text. It is really annoying. Even a temporary solution at this point would suffice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found out that minimizing XD and opening it again could help but it's very annoying too because I have to do it every 2min

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem continues until December 10th. If you don't fix the bug before Christmas, Our staff all will be moved to Figma.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Adobe, are you listening? I really not happy to switch to Figma but you are giving us no choice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This needs much more attention. It's been months of struggle with this stupid bug. I've been looking bad on my meetings with clients when screencasting and we brainstormed. Looked like I am stupid even to change a menu item. This needs more attentiona and urgent fix. Or I will have to move to other software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, all:

Reposting a potential temporary fix that I mentioned in another thread about the same issue. Try it out and see if it helps you.

I think I may have found a temporary solution. I took a look at that DeskPins software that @kerrs31946071 pointed out above. That software replicates the "Always on top" setting you can apply to applications in the Task Manager. Rather than install the DeskPins software, I applied the "Always on top" setting to the Adobe XD executable and it appears to have helped with keeping the focus in the app while editing text.

If anyone wants to give it a try here are the steps:

1. Launch Adobe XD
  2. Right-click on the Windows taskbar, and click 'Task Manager'

Adam21787836jakp_4-1639672956319.png

3. In the Task Manager window, look for 'Adobe XD' application

4. Right-click on 'Adobe XD' to bring up the context menu

5. In the context menu, click 'Always on top'

Adam21787836jakp_6-1639672956333.png

You only need to do this once. The 'Always on top' setting will stay applied to the Adobe XD executable even if you reboot your machine. So every time you launch the app after doing this, the setting stays applied.

Try it out and let me know if it made a difference for you. It's definitely helped me. I don't have to alt-tab in and out of the app as much anymore. Now, the text focus issue seems to only occur when I have very large files with lots of artboards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

December 29 - no changes, the bug persists. GREAT JOB ADOBE, YES, we need more flashy features and bugged integrations!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very sad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

December 2021 and the problem is still here. While I'm editing a cloud file in XD (latest version), when the XD deliberately start saving the file, it blocks any edition whatsoever, I then have to close the program and reopen the file, and then when editing som random other text, the same problem again.. it's been quite impossible to work with XD. Some interfaces/canvas changes that would take minutes is taking hours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 2022 and I have same problem. Also adobe crashes when i;m typing values.

Why should I pay for the app that has so many bugs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Please share a few more details like:

1. The version of XD and OS.
  2. Is this happening on a specific file or multiple files?
  3. If you are on Windows OS, please ensure that the graphics card driver are up to date.
  4. If you are on the latest version of XD which is 47, please collect and share System Logs 

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Rishabh:

This issue has been present in XD for about 2 years now and hasn't been resolved yet.

I'm using XD version 47.0.22.9. I'm actually using XD for work today and am encountering the issue as we speak.

When editing text the application loses focus and you can no longer type anything. You have to press alt-tab on the keyboard to change focus to another application and then alt-tab to return to XD and then you can type again. It happens frequent enough that it is extremely disruptive to workflow.

My graphics card driver is up to date. I can't send my system logs because I'm on a work machine. Hopefully someone else in this thread can provide some system logs.

Another Adobe employee, Harishka Verma, posted back on May, 13 2021 that this bug was logged, identified as a Microsoft issue, and Adobe was working with them to find a solution.

We haven't heard anything new about this issue getting resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortionalty they bot messages to respond to people!

Drivers has nothing to do with it. OMG they are not listening to us.

Because its happening on Windows, they don't care,,, as long as Mac OS users are happy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for letting me know. That's really frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alt-Tab is your only workaround untill adobe listen to us 😒

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that there has not been a formal update from Adobe since May of 2021... it is February of 2022 and I'm still having this issue. Please let us know when the bug will be fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this has been an issue with Adobe XD for years, is there any updates on the issue being resolved without needing to restart the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, Sammy:

You shouldn't have to restart the app. Just use Alt-Tab to shift focus to a different app and then Alt-Tab again to return to XD. Typing should work again after that. It's a minor inconvenience, I know, but it appears Adobe doesn't care about their Windows users at all and won't be addressing this any time soon. I posted on here back in January and a credible rep from Adobe support still hasn't responded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want my money back. Adobe should be ashamed that at the level of complexity of their software which does not even touch the level of Blender or Unreal, these problems persist. Does Adobe feel any shame? Two years passed and people are paying for this app. Maybe someone should force them to make the errors known in their commercials so people would know before ruining their work using an app that is not reliable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The blame has been shifted to Microsoft for that one. The response we got on the issue last year was that they're waiting on Microsoft for a fix. Adobe Xd doesn't even run properly in Win 11 as reported by multiple users, so I am very sceptical about getting a fix in the near future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone. I think this may finally be fixed in the latest Windows release. I can't replicate the issue on my system any longer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mike C iDEAS-DX Which Windows release? Do you know the KB release number?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

version 54.0.12

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines