• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After 5/19/2020 update - linked prototype is not behaving like it does in the Preview window.

Participant ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After today's (5/19/2020) update, I'm having an issue with my shared prototype url not working correctly, as in it's not matching the auto-animate that's working just fine in the preview window in XD. I've got a 2-artboard parallax auto animation set up, which works fine in the preview window, but once I "Share" and make/update the link it doesn't do the custom parallax auto animate on the url, it just dissolves from the first screen to the next. I've tried updating the link, making new links, deleting all links and making a new one. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? I can't find anything that I'm doing wrong.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Will it be possible for you to share a small video of how the animation works while previewing on XD and the prototype link with us so that we can test this on our end?

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not able to share this project with you as it is under a strict NDA. But, I was able to solve the problem! After a long afternoon of testing, I discovered that the issue was caused by not having the "Scrolling" and "Vertical Height" parameters set for the artboards. It never occurred to me to check this, because I assumed this was automatically set by XD when I set up the project. So lesson learned: always be sure that these parameters are set for every artboard, or else your animations will not work in the browser, although they will work in the "Preview".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having this issue, see my reply below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. After the debacle yesterday with the share links and losing the ability to open all my cloud XD files from within XD, I got things sorted out. Or thought I had, but now this same problem with the animation on the share link in the browser not working properly despite it working perfectly within the XD "Prevew". This is a file that I haven't touched in a few days and my developer is using, so the animations have to be correct. I have no way to correct it, because it is set up correctly (as it had been always, before yesterday) and is working just fine in the "Preview" so there technically isn't anything for me to correct. Also I did ensure that the solution that worked in my reply above was in place. All artboards parameters are set to vertical scroll and vertical height correctly. Yet, this problem persists. Is there a(nother) issue with the Adobe servers that is causing this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rishabh_Tiwari, I can send you the videos of the latest issue mentioned here. Please enlighten me how best to get these files to you for review. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can send the file or video by adding it to cloud storage and then click on my name to send the link of the storage privately to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Rishabh_Tiwari. I sent you the link via private message. I look forward to hearing back from you regarding this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for sharing the video. I did notice that the Animations are not working on the Browser. Could you please confirm if it works on a different browser? Have you tested it on a different browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines