• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Allow Infinite canvas for several screens in XD version(20.2.12.1)

Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an application designer (web/mobile), I really like using Adobe XD for early stage designs and small projects. Its minimalism is a joy to work with.

However, as a project grows in size, XD quickly begins to shows its limitations.

My prototypes often involve several hundred screens – and placing all of these on a single canvas becomes unworkable. At some point, you simply run out of space – even after spending time moving and organizing your screens around the canvas.

XD starts to feel very claustrophobic and limiting.

I can think of two possible solutions.

1. Allow for multiple canvases (pages) in single XD project. And make page transitions and interactions work across canvases.
  2. Allow interactions/transitions to work across separate XD files.

I think either of these two suggestions would make XD more practical for larger projects. Until then, I will only use XD for smaller projects – or for time-sensitive early stage designs.

The Tittle was edited by Moderator.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the input. We are planning to support an "infinite" canvas, can that be a 3rd possible solution for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would help -- but would just provide more space for me to have to organize.

Multiple canvases would be much better.

Or if there was a way to group artboards into a single group (e.g. Section 1, Section 2 , etc..)?  That could work with an infinite canvas and make it easier to navigate to screen groupings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry... one more idea comes to mind with the infinite canvas.

If there was a way to create an artboard navigation "anchor" (like on web pages) , I could these anchors to quickly navigate to different artboard clusters (Section 1, Section 2, etc).  That would make it easy to manage an infinite canvas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on an infinite canvas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kirkh,

Sorry for the trouble. I understand it could be annoying. I have found a similar request has been raised here: Infinite Canvas – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs . Please upvote this feature request to add your voice.

Please let us know if you need anything else from us. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there now an infinite canvas yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Chris, 

We're so sorry for the delay. I am afraid, as of now, we don't have any official word by when this feature would be available, however, I understand your concern so let me assure you, I will share your feedback with the Engineering team. Please stay tuned to this request for any update: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/16589980-infinite-...

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines