Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Annoying Behaviour When Using Apple Magic Mouse

New Here ,
May 29, 2019 May 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My problem is that you can simultaneously click+drag AND pan artboard at the same time. If I drag an object while using the magic mouse and I move my finger even slightly, the artboard pans and takes my object with it. My careful placement of an object is ruined. Please make an update that takes has a feature to disable panning while clicking on a magic mouse.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. We will need to check this at your machine level, so could you please contact us directly here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

We'll try our best to help you with it.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2019 May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't heard of this issue previously from other users, and it doesn't look like the team has either. If you have a similar setup on another computer, or know someone that does, can you try reproducing this issue and let us know of your observations?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, by chance does this problem only occur on Adobe XD or even on other Adobe suite software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It only happens in Adobe XD and only while using the magic mouse. Here are two videos of me trying to select or move objects. The Magic Mouse is causing the artboard to scroll whenever I move my finger to click.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yrg6v1mzjh07rk0/AABkoPJT4r63mZjbGKhXM49aa?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2019 Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Magic Mouse in the office (not my own choice ) but I don't have this specific issue on XD... Are you on Mojave?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I get the same problem and it makes XD almost unusable (running Mac OS Catalina and XD 23.1.32.2). Has anyone worked out how to stop this? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry for the trouble. We have the current version of XD available as 28.7. Would you mind updating XD to the current version?

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

Thanks for your reply. My installation of Creative Cloud has 23.2.32.2 as the latest version with no updates available - see screenshot

Thanks

Peter

Screen Shot 2020-04-30 at 8.17.23 am.jpg

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Thanks for sharing the details. The screenshot does show that there is no update available for XD and that's strange, as the current version is 28.7 as mentioned by Harshika. I'd recommend re-installing the application so that you have the latest version which has new features and bug fixes. Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

I would like to follow up here. Could you please confirm if the issue has been resolved or if you need further assistance?

We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I have the same issue and it's driving me insane. It's wasting so much of my time. I'm using Version 31.2.12.4

Thanks,

Giles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. We will need to check this at your machine level, so could you please contact us directly here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

We'll try our best to help you with it.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Er. not solved or answered. You just sent me to a bot that doesn't understand what I'm talking about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting - I'd like to know who 'liked' your response and why it's marked 'Correct Answer'. You have done nothing to help. I've been passed on to a bot that doesn't understand the problem. I'm one of many in my agency all experiencing the same problem. How EXACTLY did you offer the correct answer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry for the frustration. Due to this lockdown situation, we are working from home so we don't have the required devices to test your issue. This is the reason we asked you to get in touch with us directly using the link mentioned above. If that is not helping, please share the OS you're using so that we can log a ticket for you our engineering team to test it at their end.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika, 
I've also experienced this same issue. 
Adobe CC: version 35.1.12.5

It's a real pain. Would love for it to be solved...

Many thanks,

Gabriel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click, option, shift drag -  the magnification jumps around causing my cloned object to be randomly placed somewhere on the artboard.
OS 10.14.6, iMac 5K 27" 2017, Indesign 15.5.1, Illustrator 24.2.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the love of God... please fix this problem. Figma is looking pretty good right now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also get this problem. XD becomes very jittery when selecting and moving objects using an magic mouse. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue was posted in 2019...  and its 2022,  how is this still an issue 😞  

This issue drives me nuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Has this issue been solved? Or does anyone have a solution because it is driving me crazy. Love to work in XD. But due to this problem i cant work as precise as i want to. It triggers my magic mouse to pan while i want to work precisely. I do not have this problem on any other Adobe apps. Currently on macos Monterey and version 56.1.12.1 of XD.

Please help. 

Ali

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An old issue I see, I have the very same issue, productivity out the window.  I've tried changing the settings on the mouse, this issue does not go away it just happens slower of faster... what's the fix?  I'm up to date with all the software, on an M1 mini... HELP!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2023 Dec 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I deal with this issue almost constantly. It's at its worst trying to drag anything across the artboard as the screen gets super jittery. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines