• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Are Libraries really this bad or is this a bug?

Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all!

I use both Sketch and XD, but being a PC user I am on XD quite a bit, working in version 34.1.12.9.

1. I created and published a library.
  2. Used a component in a few other XD files and saved them.
  3. Selected the Edit the main source on one of the components from one of those documents.
  4. The original library file opened and I made changes to the component and saved the lilbrary. Then...nothing.
  5. No updates, no blue circle indicating an update, no messages, and absolutely no method for pushing these updates to the documents that are linked to this component.

I have searched to see if there is some method for doing this, but all text indicates this should be automatic like it is in Sketch.

If I am doing this wrong please let me know. Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Looks like these might be known issues? https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html.

In the process of updating a book so I want to have the easiest method laid out. Ugh!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. This is not expected and it looks like you are following the correct workflow so could you please share a few more details like:

1. The version of the Operating System.
  2. Is this happening with a specific file or multiple files?
  3. Could you please sign out of XD and Adobe CC Desktop app, close CoreSync, and all Adobe related processes from the Task Manager/Activity Monitor, and then sign back in on Adobe CC desktop app to launch XD from there and let us know if you are able to see the changes.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rishabh,

I did all this. I exited anything down in the Task Manager that had Adobe in the name, Quit All Adobe apps, and signed out of the Creative Cloud and signed back in. Components are still not updating, or providing any indication that an update was made 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and one more thing. I am experiencing this on the Mac platform as well. So maybe I am doing something wrong? Please review the steps I took. This is the method I have been working with libraries but perhaps the workflow has changed? I searched Adobe help and I seem to be following the right steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like these might be known issues? https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html.

In the process of updating a book so I want to have the easiest method laid out. Ugh!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

i am on windows 10 with newest xd release.

i have the problem when i create an libary just with colors assets, it will completly work as it should, i can change or add colors and update them all to the cloud. but at the point i add text or components assets all get stuck, i cant update anything anymore, even if i delte the text and copmponents assets. it shows me clear i should update but it is i never solved promise for xd at this point. 

when i create a libary with colors and just with text assets, at the point where i puplish the libary the puplish button becomes an loader and will stuck for ever, but the libary is created in my cloud libs but without assets, same with the combination with colors and components asssetss. when i reopnen the xd file it is still unpuplished but the libary exists in the cloud. after puplishing and overwrite existing libary fragment the xd file is connected to the libary but i canot sync any assets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines