• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Backwards compatibility for files is a must have feature for XD

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So some of my team have upgraded to the latest version of XD. I now can't open any of the files on my Mac as it can't upgrade to a newer OS. I don't see why I should have to buy a new Mac when the one i've got is working perfectly well. This is a very blinkered approach by Adobe.  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please confirm the version of XD and macOS as I am not sure if you are unable to upgrade to the latest version of XD because of the older OS version or if there are any technical issues? In case if you just want to have an option to open a file created in a newer version on an older version of XD, I am afraid, we don't have an option for that. The reason for not having this option has been shared by the engineering team here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/37707118-document-forward-compatibility

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please confirm the version of XD and macOS as I am not sure if you are unable to upgrade to the latest version of XD because of the older OS version or if there are any technical issues? In case if you just want to have an option to open a file created in a newer version on an older version of XD, I am afraid, we don't have an option for that. The reason for not having this option has been shared by the engineering team here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/37707118-document-...

Let us know if there is anything else you need help with.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XD 33.1.12

Mac OS 10.13.6.

I'm on a Mid 2011 iMac 27in with upgraded SSD 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read the response on the link - not really an explanation. You can do it with Illustrator and Photoshop and indesign. 

We'll have to stop using XD as I don't intend upgrading £1000s of Macs just so we can use one programme. Can the other users in the team go back to the earlier version of the App?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is incredibly short sighted given the current situation where we have team members working form home on Macs that cant nessecarily upgrade to the latest OS. We'll be moving back to Sketch where we can all access the files. You shouls at least give users the option to open 'newer' files with a warning of possible feature loss in teh same way you do with Illustrator.  It's commercial suiciude what you're doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Answer given is just complete nonsense. This is really challenging for so many it's a terrible strategy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines