Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug when pasting components between documents

Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

You've had this bug for ages and it's literally impossible to work with components between different documents... I don't know what to do!

The scenario: If I create the components in document 1, I have x amount of artboards in this document. I then need to isolate some screens, so I copy paste the artboards for another document. I then do some changes and get those screens signed off, so I need to put them on a document that has all the final screens >>>> this resets all my components to the master state (Like CTA here, Button label, etc etc...) and to the master size and atributes.. It's literally impossible now to move screens from documents without getting this bug.. and now I can't have a document that is the FINAL one because I can't put the artboards on the same document, otherwise I loose all the work.

Summary: The problem is I need to have multiple "work" documents but then need to have the final screens in just one document > components reset to master when copy pasting.

Please let me know if there is a way to fix this or to avoid this problem.

Thanks 

Maria

TOPICS
Design , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Hi Maria,

We are sorry for the delay in response. I assume you are facing the similar issue mentioned here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/copying-components-revert-them-to-master-state/m-p/11304876?page=1#M33678

If so, the team is already investigating the issue and working on it. You may definitely see improvements in the future releases of XD.

Let me know if I misunderstood your issue. I will try my best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria,

We are sorry for the delay in response. I assume you are facing the similar issue mentioned here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/copying-components-revert-them-to-master-state/m-p/11304876?...

If so, the team is already investigating the issue and working on it. You may definitely see improvements in the future releases of XD.

Let me know if I misunderstood your issue. I will try my best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its been 1 year since acknowledged. Did we make any progress on this. Im still facing these issues.
> Paste artboard and components default to main. You should repeat all the work you have done. 

> While colaborating, Can't type until you find a slot between the sync, Bad sync mechanism.

> Long time to create sharing links for multiple views, these views can be configured later for the preview, Takes to much time to do something simple. 

> Accept merge, meaning less functionality. 

Finally, my decision , XD is neither for collaboration nor Interaction design. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, 

I am also having the issues described here. Every time I copy a component from one document to another, it reverts it to the master state. What is the current state of this bug? Has a solution already been found? 

It is extremely time consuming to redo all instances of a component every time they are copied into a new document. It also often leads to design errors, as sometimes the variations between the master and the instance are minimal and hard to pick up right away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same problem over the last week! Except it's not just reverting to older versions of the component, elements are simply disappearing. I assume it's somehow related but I can't figure out how. All I know is that when I paste the element or artboard in, half of it is missing.

I had way too many artboards in my XD file -- and you know, XD also has a width limit on their interface, so you literally can only do so much side-to-side in order -- AND they don't allow for multiple pages within one document. So, I did the same as you: I grabbed about 6 artboards to work on in a new document. I need to be done with this today and am running into the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do they make such buggy products?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue was first reported in May 2020.. it is January 2022. Is the fix in the roadmap? 

First reported here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd-discussions/copying-components-revert-them-to-master-state/m...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2022 Oct 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And we are still waiting it seems. Fundamental functionality for anyone working with a team of more than a handful of people and yet here we are? I guess its easier to just buy Figma and be done with it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines