• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I change the text in multiple component states automatically

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work on a project where I use a lot of components with different states (hover, clicked etc.) and everytime I create a new screen with a component such as a text input, I have to change the text in every state, is there any way to automatize this process?

Thanks

TOPICS
How to , Missing feature , Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Sadly, no.

States only inherit default state edits on the main component. You will have to update the states of every instance manually. It kinda defeats the purpose of having components & states, but yeah... You can upvote this "feature" though 🙂

There's also this thread, in which you will find the only response from Adobe on it. They say they are going to work on it, but can't say how much of a priority it is, as we've been asking for it for a year now.

At least nested components kinda work

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sadly, no.

States only inherit default state edits on the main component. You will have to update the states of every instance manually. It kinda defeats the purpose of having components & states, but yeah... You can upvote this "feature" though 🙂

There's also this thread, in which you will find the only response from Adobe on it. They say they are going to work on it, but can't say how much of a priority it is, as we've been asking for it for a year now.

At least nested components kinda work now, so you can hack it in some situations, like a simple button hover where the font color won't be changing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines