• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can only drag images into XD from the Download folder (macOS)

Explorer ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, I've been using XD for well over a year now and have only just encountered this issue after an update to the software sometime last week. To my knowledge I haven't changed any settings.

If I go to drag an image from the desktop, it will not drop into XD. If I close XD, put the same image in my Download folder and reopen XD, I can drop the file in just fine.

My guess is permissions. So in Preferences I've went to Security & Privacy > Files & Folders and can see Adobe XD only has a checkbox for "Download Folder". Photoshop and Illustrator both have a "Desktop Folder" option, which is ticked. Now my understanding is you can not "Add" access here, an App must request it.

It's also worth noting I have rolled back to the previous update (and the issue was fixed) and then updated again (stopped workig again). I've also uninstalled from the CC dashboard and resintalled but the issue remains. Just rolling back and working on that version isn't a solution though, as now I have XD's created in a newer version, so they won't open without an update.

So what has happened for XD not to allow access to other folders aside from Downloads now?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Hi Stephen,

I apologize for the delay in response. I think there are some settings that need to be checked. I would suggest you to please get in touch with our support team using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/contact.html so that you can get the real time assistance and someone from the team can remote into your system and help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stephen,

I apologize for the delay in response. I think there are some settings that need to be checked. I would suggest you to please get in touch with our support team using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/contact.html so that you can get the real time assistance and someone from the team can remote into your system and help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think I've got to the bottom of this. It's because I use Spaces on Mac.

So basically I can drag/drop into a document as long as the location I'm dragging from is the same 'Space' (screen). If I go to another Space and click/drag a file, it will not go into the document.

This never used to be the case so I suppose it's a bug that must've been introduced during a particular update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spoke to Live Chat to resolve this - and we basically gave XD every permisson we could on my Macbook which fixed it.

...but now the same issue is back!

All the same permissions are set with XD having Full Disk Access + Assessibility access in Preferences > Secuity & Privacy. So nothing has changed but the problem has returned. This is getting a bit frustrating as I've been using XD for 1.5 years now and I'm only getting these issues now. Never changed any settings or installed any plugins.

Are other people having issues like this? Seems to coincide with Software Updates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines