• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't open an XD file from my computer option anymore?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

With latest XD update, I have noticed that I cannot access my saved files on my MacBook Pro from the 'Home' screen anymore. That option does not exist?

Options available:

- Cloud documents; 1. Shared with you. 2. Deleted

I've already uninstalled XD once and re-installed it on my MacBook to make sure.

Is it a bug, or what's the deal here?

Cheers

TOPICS
Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Thanks for confirming. After XD version 29 update, we mapped a new shortcut to save the file locally for macOS it's  ⌥⇧⌘S. So we still have options to save to the file as per our choice, it's just that while saving the file for the first time we will need to use the new shortcut(https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/keyboard-shortcuts.html) to save the file locally. Once you have saved the file, in order to save the changes you can use CTRL/CMND + S, it will not change the initial saved location of th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble, we'll try our best to help you with that. Could you please try creating a new document and check if you are getting an option to open the file from there or if you are on home screen please try opening using the shortcut ⌘ + Shift + O and let us know if you are able to open the file

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holding ⌘ + Shift + O would allow me to open a file on my Mac, yes.

However, a new doc could only be saved as a Cloud document - not on my Mac. I've alreday tried saving the file by holding ⌘ + Shift + S — but nope.

I still would want to save it on my computer.

Any suggestiuons?

Cheers

N

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for confirming. After XD version 29 update, we mapped a new shortcut to save the file locally for macOS it's  ⌥⇧⌘S. So we still have options to save to the file as per our choice, it's just that while saving the file for the first time we will need to use the new shortcut(https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/keyboard-shortcuts.html) to save the file locally. Once you have saved the file, in order to save the changes you can use CTRL/CMND + S, it will not change the initial saved location of the file. Feel free to reach out to us in case if you need anything else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines