Copied

Se pueden inseryar videos MP4 en XD

The Tittle was edited by Moderator.

Xemein

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Hi All,

Thank you for your patience. We now support video playback in XD. We would request you to please update XD to the latest version ( XD 45).  

For more details on the latest features please visit our What's new page.

Happy Max 🙂

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 134 Replies 134
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2019 May 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, the answer is now 2 years and 4 months old. Is there a positive development for designers?
Thank you very much.
derjoe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The recent update on the post says that the feature has been started. That usually indicates that the feature is well on its way into a future update.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran,

Any updates on this?

Thanks so much,

Aïli

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran,

How is the import-video functionality going? Any idea when this will be added to XD.

Thanks
JayJay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am checking with the team. If that feature hasn't made it by now, the team must have changed its priority for some reason. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, almost three years after the initial question, still no video...

Of course not, because implementing video is a can of worms !

As soon as this pops up, every one wants their preferred format and feature with it. From simply looping to full-blown editing, from poster frames to cue points, from linked Youtube and Vimeo iframes to embedded MP4 and HEIV, from animated GIF support to HTML5 animation. And I bet even some one will put out a request for Flash...

And of course the first Community question will be: "Why doesn't my Autoplay work ?"

So I can understand why the product manager and the team are reluctant to even think of supporting video.

Unless they dare to impose very rigid restrictions to what can and can't be done, we'll just be kept waiting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you've got a good point.

But for me adding a video will be mainly used to help the client imagine what the final page will look like. It doesn't need to be fancy, if it only support gif, it's fine for me, XD is just a prototyping app and we need to remember this 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad that we're both on the same page, because video is a delicate matter, often underestimated in its complications and implications.

Support for GIF would be the least obvious and favorable, with regards to how to create GIFs before getting them into XD, and why to support them at all. Users will rightfully and endlessly start to complain about the horrible quality, which is due to a very coarse compression method, totally unfit for photos – not to mention video. 

And what about file size ? Users will simply expect to toss in any raw video footage (HD or even 4K, which is totally unnecessary, but who cares), adding a truck load of hundreds of embedded MBs to the file size. So that's a huge technical consequence to be dealt with...

If Adobe XD is going to support any video file and format to be imported, then I bet they'll start with a strategic one, e.g. WebM (just to tease Apple) or MOV and MP4 with the H.264/5 codec (just to please Apple). Who knows ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really?

Still don't have a way to show video/GIF? maybe some plugin that supoort gif or video??

Adobe XD force us move to figma or sketch just because of that...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a feature to show a background video or something would be good 😞 I will have to look at sketch if you say it can do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha ! Just Google "Sketch video import" and you'll find a similar mysterious incapacity in the Sketch ecosphere. There's no mention of a plug-in for that on theire Extensions page, there's some flawed plug-in supporting GIF import (one reviewer reported he quicly disabled it again), and another one to use linked YouTube videos (so you first need to upload them and be online to preview them). So the grass isn't much greener on the other side.

Like I said: video is a can of worms...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!!

Is it possible to include videos within the XD prototypes? If so, how do you add the videos?

thanx, Canan

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm sorry but this feature is not present at the moment. You can add your vote for this feature here: Import Videos & Animated GIFs to show in interactive preview

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, thank you for the answer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a pleasure. If you need help in the future, contact us, we will be happy to help you 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to add a background video to my website

I am currently designing a website and want to add a video on the home page

Video in mp4 format

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That feature isn't currently available but according to the Feature Request page it has been started so they are working on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2019 Jun 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm sorry but this feature is not present at the moment. You can add your vote for this feature here: Import Videos & Animated GIFs to show in interactive preview – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to importing a video (MP4 file) into XD?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I am developing a voice prototype for a smartphone app. The user should be able to order a product with his voice, but at the same time he can view it on his smartphone. For this purpose, the product should rotate on its own axis while the voice interface reads the product information. Is there a way to do something like this in Adobe xd?

So far I have created four screens that show the different views of the product and animate them as sliders. But that is not very satisfactory.

Can you now insert a video or an animated gif or animate one or more elements independently of the voice input and output? I am really grateful for tips and tricks 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ivy, you can definitely create the concept of animation but not use an animated gif or video at this point in time.

Have a look at the following links and see if you can prepare your image based on what is currently possible with XD.
Auto-animate in XD
Auto-Animate: How to Create Automatic Animations in Adobe XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ivy,

Thank you for reaching out. In addition to what Sjaani has suggested, you may also upvote this request here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12924336-import-vi... and submit your feedback to add your voice.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI, I'm new to Xd,

I was wondering if its possible to use custom animations created in After Effects within Xd? I

found some tutorials that show how to export out of Xd to AE, but not the other way around.

I guess I would export a .mp4 from AE then import it into Xd? and use a trigger?...

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kingdome,

Thanks for using Adobe XD and sharing your feedback about importing .mp4 to XD. This feature has already been raised here: - Import Videos & Animated GIFs to show in interactive preview – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests ... I would request you to upvote it and share your comments as well.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines