Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot change language back to English

Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Recently I updated to the latest Adobe XD, and all works fine but the language is switched to Chinese. I can't switch back to English. Even the "Language" menu in Adobe XD is grayed out.

I run WIndows 10 with English as system language (though my secondary language is Chinese).

I have googled the issue and tried some of the solution, but none of them worked.

Some help may be vary appreciated.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you list what you've already tried, otherwise people might post solutions you've already attempted.

The first one which comes to mind is have you uninstalled and reinstalled as a starting point?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.

Some people referred that Adobe XD shows language the same as WIndows 10 system. But my WIndows 10 is already in English. And the solutions there seems to be outdated as some steps are not found with current WIndows 10 version.

I'v tried uninstall & reinstall XD, but nothing changed.

Btw, the "Default install language" setting in my Creative Cloud Deaktop is "English(International)".

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
We have seen in some of the cases if the country associated with your account is China then Adobe XD will not allow changing the language of the Application. If you are a part of Enterprise subscription, then you may ask your Admin to change your country associated with your account to something else and check if that makes any difference.

Thanks,
Nikhil Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Thanks.

So, what if I am not part of Enterprise subscription?

What are the considerations to forcing china accounts sticking to Chinese?

All I want to do is changing the app language. I don't understand why it is hard since it is supposed to be a very basic function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be sure, are you or are you not part of an Enterprise environment? If you are an individual user that is facing this issue, did you try going to the Help menu in XD and choosing Help > Language Settings to see if you are able to choose the language of your application from the menu?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not part of an Enterprise and I'm a individual user.

As in my first post, the Help > Language menu is grayed out so I cannot change it.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Holmiu,

Sorry for the delay in response, would you mind sharing the screenshot of "About XD" box from the "Help" menu. This is going to help us to share appropriate information about your situation. 

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2020 Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I encountered the same problem and the option "Language" under the "Help" menu is disabled.

Below are the screenshots for troubleshooting:

Adobe XD Language Menu.pngWindows Language Settings.png

Region.pngUser Account.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a similar issue and I am using a macbook. The app restarted itself after I downloaded it saying that "you are entitled to use the app in Chinese." It did not give me a choice and I cannot change the language settings back to English since the language section on the help menu is grey and unable to be clicked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that. Would you mind checking this thread: https://community.adobe.com/t5/enterprise-teams/design-xd-changed-to-chinese-and-language-setting-is... and try the steps?

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines