Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Coediting workflow and transfer of ownership

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

Although I do enjoy the feature to coedit in the real time with my colleagues I have hard time finding the perfect workflow. My main issue is with sharing permissions—why can only the owner of the file create links?

This really messes up with ability to seamlessly work on the common file, e.g. UX designer works on the wireframes and at some point invites me to coedit the file with them. As a VD I help to evolve the wireframes and create functional mockups. At the end of the day I'm the one who creates design handoff. In order to be able to create links on my own, I have to duplicate the file. This, together with very untuitive way the Creative Cloud app manages access to "Shared with you" files (no way to organize them—put into folders, etc.) couses a huge mess in a very short time. (Don't even ask me what happens if something needs fixing afterwards!)

Another issue is somehow connected with it. Let's say we create a Design System. What happens if the owner of the file becomes unavaliable? There's no easy way (at least that I know of) to transfer ownership of the file. I have to "Save as…" to make myslef an owner of the new file. But then all the links and Libraries are broken.

At this point I really don't know if it's just me expecting to much or the feature was meant for something different. If anyone shares similar experience, please let me know. Also suggestions to how can I improve the workflow minding the limitions are welcomed!

Cheers,

J

TOPICS
Design , How to , Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Hi, Adobe XD currently only allows file owners to create links. However, we found a similar request: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/38308750-change-owner-of-cloud-document If this is the same feature you are looking for, all you have to do is vote and post a comment.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your feedback. We understand it could be challenging for you. We have seem similar request has been raised here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/20173018-transfer-... I would suggest submitting your feedback and upvote the request to add your voice.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@HARSHIKA_VERMA Hi, I already voted for this one. @italosan had found me another similar feature request with more votes. I think that his is corresponding more with what I'd like to do.

Possibility to share links by other designers (not the ower of the file) is still not adressed though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Adobe XD currently only allows file owners to create links. However, we found a similar request: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/38308750-change-ow... If this is the same feature you are looking for, all you have to do is vote and post a comment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @italosan 

Yes, this feature request is corresponding with my issue. Thank you! Hope it'll be implemented soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are welcome. If you need help in the future, please contact us 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines