• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Collaboration]-Is it possible to collaborate on an XD file?

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few of us here are using XD for different software.  But now we are getting to the point where we want to work on similar designs, and the easiet thing would be to copy from one prototype and past it into another.  Or have shared editable access to the same prototype.  That doesn't seem possible.  When we share files with each other all we get are views.  Yeah, we can comment, or download assets, but we can't copy an artboard or both have access to work in the same space.

Is it possible?  Or is this software not for collaboration?  Any way to share a document were we don't actually have to re-build each other's work?

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Yes, you can !!

Beware, it's a "beta" feature, so with some surprising bugs and no guarantees !

The method is simple: [step 1] you save your file to the cloud, and [step 2] you invite others to collaborate.

Easy enough. But do keep an original or any crucial version as an off-line backup, because betas are allowed to screw up, and cloud files do have a tendency to not open or otherwise get corrupted on – of course – the most lousy moments. And I also hate it that they save everything automatic

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

Thank you for reaching out. Yes your ask is definitely valid regarding collaborative workflow. We do have a coediting feature in XD which can help in collaboration on the same document. Please check out this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/xd/help/collaborate-coedit-designs.html for more information.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can !!

Beware, it's a "beta" feature, so with some surprising bugs and no guarantees !

The method is simple: [step 1] you save your file to the cloud, and [step 2] you invite others to collaborate.

Easy enough. But do keep an original or any crucial version as an off-line backup, because betas are allowed to screw up, and cloud files do have a tendency to not open or otherwise get corrupted on – of course – the most lousy moments. And I also hate it that they save everything automatically and continuously. Close your file, and it's saved without asking, and without a continued Undo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't forget to enable coediting! Once I was struggling with this.. invited my colleagues and found out I forgot to enable it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, I knew I was missing a [step 3]... 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should have enabled coediting. However, it seems my coworker can't edit the document. When he opens the file, it says that coediting is not yet enabled. We both own the up to date version of XD, he has also tried reclicking on the document, which did not give a different result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, great.  Thanks.  When I launched XD today there was a little video link / ad for the co-editing feature I hadn't seen before.  This is exactly what I was looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'd love to hear how co-editing is working out for you. My team (2 people including myself) tried this in March and it was so broken we abandoned it in a day. 
I wish I could be more specific, but I've experienced so many catastrophic XD glitches since then that it all runs together. I believe it had to do with linked components, but I'm not sure. Adobe keeps improving the overall experience, but the result is that existing documents are disrupted by every new change. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines