• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color picker is not working on XD 55, macOS Ventura

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The color picker has gone crazy please help me fix this issue. 

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Hi All,

It looks like with Ventura 13.1 release, the issue is fixed with the color picker. Could you please update to the latest version of Ventura and let us know if the issue is fixed for you all?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Works perfectly fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, have you tried reinstalling Xd? When did this start happening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinstalled XD and also used Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool still has the same problem. Everything was working perfectly fine and this issue started out of nowhere.
Using it on Mac OS Ventura 13.0. 
XD version  55.0.12

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Ankit98A7,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing the requested info asked by our expert. We're able to reproduce the issue at our end. It seems to be an issue with M1, as other apps like Illustrator and InDesign also have the same issue. 

I will go ahead and log a bug for this issue so that our team can look into the issue on priority.

Thanks,

Harshika

<Marking as correct only to highlight, will update once the issue is fixed>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ankit98A7_0-1667967646777.png

FYI discovered when you take screenshots on mac the colors are different from the original same as the color variation while using the color picker. 

Hope this issue is resolved soon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @HARSHIKA_VERMA. Do you have any news on this defect by now?
February 2023, The problem with eyedropper is still here.

XD: 56.0.12.6 arm64
macOS: Ventura 13.1 (22C65)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2023-02-03 at 23.30.17.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Darko BG,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing the screenshot. Would you mind confirming if you're on an external monitor? The issue seems to be resolved with Ventura 13.1 release, but it looks like it is still on your machine.

Please also share the Mac specification and external monitor make and model.

I will try my best to investigate and escalate the issue to the team.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the same issue on my machine. I'm connected to an Ultra LG monitor using Ventura 13.2 and a M1 Max machine. The only workaround is to change my color profie to srgb, instead of using the recommended one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else noticing that the colors that the eyedropper is selecting is slightly darker and more muted than the intended selection? I've noticed it in the past week or so since updating. HELP 🙂 

In the attached image, you can see the eyedropper color in the darker shaded squares in relation to the area I am trying to select:

Screenshot 2022-11-02 at 1.07.41 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Adriana23428585e2w4,

Thank you for reaching out, and sorry to hear you're experiencing trouble with the eyedropper tool in XD. Would you mind confirming if both rectangles are on the artboard? Please share the details of your operating system and the version of XD.

Have you tried it on a new file and see if that helps?

We'll try our best to investigate the issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika! Thanks for the reply. 

In that example I attached both are on the artboard, but I run into this issue when I sample on and off the artboard. I'm on the latest version of XD and my OS is Ventura 13.0

I've seen this issue on all of my files in the last couple of weeks. 

Thank you!

Adriana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with my MacBook Pro M1 + LG Ultrafine screen. 

The workaround with switching to sRGB colorprofile does not work on the MacBook Screen as there is no such setting option, but it does on the LG Ultrafine. But still, this can't be the solution because the colors in all other apps get quircky and hurt my eyes.

Please fix this. Occured the first time about 4-6 weeks ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed recently that the XD colour picker / eye dropper seems to pick random values when used on a colour. As you can see in the video if I keep colour picking the same colour it gets darker and darker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant repeat your result for RGB color that you custom in color panel. The color stay the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it helps my machine has the following settings:

Apple M1 Max

Ventura 13.0.1

Apple XDR Display (PS-1600 nits)

XD 55.2.12.2 arm64 CC sync 6.0.0.43

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on Win 11. Hope someone on MAC will test it also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @benseager,

Thank you for reaching out. It looks like you're experiencing a similar issue mentioned in this post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd-discussions/color-picker-is-not-working-on-xd-55-macos-ventu....

The bug is already logged, and the team is working on it.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

It looks like with Ventura 13.1 release, the issue is fixed with the color picker. Could you please update to the latest version of Ventura and let us know if the issue is fixed for you all?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works perfectly fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome. Thanks for the confirmation. Please feel free to reach out to us in the future for any query related to XD.

We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same issue with Ventura 13.2 on a M1 machine and changing the Display color settings to sRGB fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm now experiencing exactly this issue and it's making it almost impossible to succesfully complete a project. Im running MacBook Pro with M2 Max and Ventura 13.2.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, it started a long time and I could not find a solution. During that time I switched to Figma (About 1 month ago). I suggest you do the same. It's much better than XD. Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines