• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color picker picks up the light color in Adobe XD.

Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iOS:バージョン10.15.1

AdobeXD:バージョン 24.1.22

スポイトで色を拾うと少し薄い色を拾っています。

Photoshopのように細かい設定がないので、この場合はどうすればよいのでしょうか。

これから、アンインストールしてからインストールを試してみます。

Translate by mod.
When I pick up the color with a dropper, I pick up a little lighter color. Since there is no detailed setting like Photoshop, what should I do in this case?
Now try uninstalling and then installing XD app.

スクリーンショット 2019-11-11 18.35.06.png

<The title was renamed by moderator>

Moderator notes
This post was written in Japanese. However, although many answers are received, there are no answers in Japanese.
This thread may be more useful globally than Japanese. and moved it from the Japanese community to the global community.

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear you are facing trouble picking up color with the color picker which in turns picks up the light color. We would request you to please try launching your window from your native display. If that doesn’t work, you may try switching your monitor in your Display settings to sRGB.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

【解決済み】

返事が早くてとても助かります。

アップルの「設定」→「ディスプレイ設定」→「各モニターのカラーをsRGB」

に変更することで解決しました。

スポイトの色がモニターに起因することを初めて知りました。

ただ、今までこのバグが起きていなかったので、

アップデートで改善されることを待っています。

ありがとう。

スクリーンショット 2019-11-12 10.06.34.png

ありがとうございました。

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 138 Replies 138
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been experiencing the same bug ever since I started using XD over 6 months ago. It has never worked for me, is there really still no fix for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, and App design without a working color picker is not really fun

Adobe XD Bug.PNG

Info.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue,

xd-color-issue-report.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I have the same problem. Has been working fine for months, but now I got this instead.
Couldn't seem to find the solution anywhere.

Win 10. Ver. 1709

colorpicker.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well I had that problem for about a year and was getting frustrating using the color picker.. well I clicked on the Point Sample and did not choose 3x3 or 5x5  just the normal one and it was current layer.. well i clicked "All Layers" and I finally worked.. Literally just now.. Now I am using Adobe PhotoShop Elements 12..but that might help in any of the PhotoShops..let me know if it works for you..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what you mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://gyazo.com/19d728658c6a116c7c2bcd70cd53e673

this is an image of what the person meant like 4 years ago. figured i'd upload it for someone else who might not understand

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Issue here2019-06-27 09_56_21-Adobe XD.png

Using Windows 10 build 18362. Quadro P620

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2019 Jun 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble using a color picker in XD. I would like to know a few more details like: -

• Have you installed the latest updates to your graphics drivers? If not, please visit the manufacturer's site to check for and apply the latest updates to graphics drivers.
  • What is the version of XD you are using?

Please let me know if you have any issue with this. I'd be happy to help.

Awaiting your response.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hai @HARSHIKA_VERMA  am facing the same issue i dono what to do now. am getting annoyed whenever i need for color picking tool. Please help me out. 

am using macOS Catalina Version 10.15.7

XD version: 30.0.12.12

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing the same thing.

Windows 10 Pro

Build 1909

OS Build 18383.387

Adobe XD

Version 22.7.12.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that you are facing trouble with color picker in Adobe XD. Could you please confirm if this is happening with all the files or with a specific file? I would request you to please update the graphic card drivers. Please visit the manufacturer's site to check for and apply the latest updates to graphics drivers. Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happening with all files including new ones.

Literally just updated to the latest nVidia drivers, version 436.48. My video card is a GeForce RTX 2080.

This issue doesn't happen with any other UWP app that has a color picker (also just checked the XAML Control Gallery and the ColorPicker sample works as expected). Looks like XD uses a custom color picker, so it doesn't appear to be a generalized UWP problem.

Hope that helps narrow down the problem because the app is very difficult to use without being able to design with colors properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the details. In order to proceed further, we will need to investigate the log files from your machine. Please generate log files using the information provided in this document <https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html> After the files have been generated, upload the files to a shared location such as Creative Cloud, and share the URL with me over a private message. Please send the URL of this forum post for reference. To send a private message, please see the instructions in the attached screenshot.

clipboard_image_0.png

Let us know if you face any issues with this. We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I have the same problem!
Did you find a solution ?

It is very painful
Thanks
Sebastien

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No resolution yet. Haven't heard back from Adobe support after sending the log files.

Even the recent new version exhibits the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay I find myself really stuck on my projects. It's completely crazy this situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this. Having the same exact issue.

nvidia drivers are updated

2080ti 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am disgusted and angry. I reinstalled my pc to fix the problem. 

It did not work, the palette under XD does not work.

Always the same bug !!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry that you are facing trouble. We have a similar discusion going on here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/Adobe-XD/Color-picker-picks-up-the-light-color-in-Adobe-XD-in-macOS-1...

This is the bug that the team is tracking with apple. Please try the workaround solution mentioned in the above mentioned post. Let us know if that helps.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

Thanks for replying. Unfortunately, these are 2 different issues. The Japanese user is having issues with color profiles. Also, I am using a windows machine.

My issue is that the color picker isn't showing black which is unrelated to color profiles.

The first image shows how my color picker looks currently. It should look like the 2nd image below this.

missing.pngcolors.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is this still broken nearly two years later? I'm using win10 and have the same blown out color picker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I had the same issue. I'm using an Nvidia Geforce 1070ti with the latest nvidia driver. 

My issue was that the nvidia driver was faulty. I checked it by disabling it in the device manager. 

After I confirmed it was the Nvidia driver at fault i removed it using DDU utility (Just google it) normal uninstall won't work. 

Than i installed the latest Nvidia driver from nvidia website and it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The eyedropper tool in xd is picking the wrong color. In the attached gif, I show that it's not functioning correctly. This is kinda a nightmare and even though I just updated to version 24.4.22.1 after I noticed the but and it still isn't working correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Briton,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your feedback. The team is aware of the issue and is working on it to fix it. You may see the improvements in the future releases of  XD.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines