• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert Xd file to PSD

Participant ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have project in Xd file, but I need to send it in PSD file to my customer. How can I convert it? I know there is an option to open PSD in XD, but XD -> PSD? Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

OK, the only way at this moment is to use this app: https://www.photopea.com/ - it has some problems with repeat grids, but generally it helps to save lot of time. You don't have to build layout from zero, but only fix some export problems. I also tryied to use SVG export, then open it in Illustrator, and export to PSD or PDF. Nothing works good with advanced layouts. https://www.photopea.com/ is now the only way to do it fast in my opinion. I hope Adobe will fix this problem soon. I can't beliv

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There isn't such a feature available as yet. Please upvote this feature request https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/32841121-export-to... to stay tuned to the latest announcements around it. ^PK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh noooo! So I need to delete all my work and move back to Photoshop and create it from zero in PS? 😮 😮

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am afraid so, unless the other experts here have a better suggestion than I do. I suggest that you wait until you hear from the others here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've just launched the beta for our XD to PSD converter: https://xd2sketch.com/converter/xd-to-psd

Happy to hear your thoughts guys 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2023 Aug 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, its been almost 3 years and this feature still isn't availble???? What the heck. Come on Adobe!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2023 Aug 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Given the XD is basically in maintaince mode, do no expect this feature. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would politely push back to your customer on that request. Ask them why do they need it in PS? It is a workflow thing? or something else? Arrange a demo of the developer handoff and let them know they can download XD for free and it is pretty quick to learn. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They just simply prefer photoshop. I already said to customer to download free Xd. But customer's always has right 🙂 I must fit to him. So if they want photoshop I must do this project again in PS.

Disaster, completely disaster:/ Shame on you, Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear. Curious to know what your client is going to do with the design in Photoshop? Run a script to export the assets? Export the assets to Zeplin (which XD can do as well)? I know clients can get locked in their ways, but probe into their workflow and see want might be solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, anyway, if customers only want the PS file ... You can copy and paste the design into the PS document and replicate one of these elements one by one (which I guess is what you are doing).

If they need to edit these components, you can also copy these elements into Illustrator and then copy them to a PS file as a smart object, all they need to have Illustrator to edit it.

Bff ... It's very complicated! But, although they want an editable PS file, I would also send them the XD file and tell them about the Zeplin application and the incredible combination with XD (although also PS).

Good luck and cheer up! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, the only way at this moment is to use this app: https://www.photopea.com/ - it has some problems with repeat grids, but generally it helps to save lot of time. You don't have to build layout from zero, but only fix some export problems. I also tryied to use SVG export, then open it in Illustrator, and export to PSD or PDF. Nothing works good with advanced layouts. https://www.photopea.com/ is now the only way to do it fast in my opinion. I hope Adobe will fix this problem soon. I can't belive that this export option is still not there!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,

No solution yet for convert xd to PSD. Pas encore de solution d'adobe pour convertir xd en psd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines