• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Crash/Load]-Adobe XD freezes during the zoom operation.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

XD seems to be freezing whenever I try to zoom in. I am required to restart the program everytime this happens.

Looking forward to the bug being fixed.

Thank You.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Crash on windows , Design , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Thanks for sharing the information asked by Rishabh, Serhii.  As far as I know the bug was fixed with XD 31 version. If you're still running into the same issue. We would need some more specific information so that we can reopen the logged bug.

• Does it always freeze on zoom (or only sometimes)?
  • How was the zoom command given (using mouse wheel, the touchpad, the zoom dropdown, the zoom tool or a specific keyboard shortcut (like Ctrl+1 etc.))?
  • I am unable to find the logs with the name in the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated to V26 of XD and have been experiencing a lot of strange UI and interface issues. The most common one seems to be when I try to zoom in to one of my projects.

Steps to reproduce:

• Open an XD document with multiple artboards (mine had 17)
  • Zoom out to ~2% zoom
  • Attempt to zoom back in

Expected result:

• document zooms in and remains functional

Actual Results:

• The interface does not zoom in
  • interface becomes unresponsive, except for tool bar/asset panel
  • user can switch between assets/layers but can't select anything
  • project elements (text, components, boxes) become unresponsive
  • User can switch tools via the left toolbar panel, but unable to use any of the tools

The only fix so far is to close and re-open the document. Additionally I can't always reproduce this successfully with the steps above, but it has occurred with enough frequency that I believe it to be a real issue.

Thanks,

B

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bardia,

We apologize for the bad experience and thank you for sharing the details. We have a latest release of XD version 27. Would you mind updating again to the latest version of XD? 

Let us know if you experience the same issue on XD 27. We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

Thanks for your response. I updated to version 27 last week, I wanted to wait to respond to confirm the issue was resolved.

At first, it seemed the issue was resolved. Unfortunately, after a short while, the same problem began again. I notice it tends to lock up when I zoom in a few consecutive times (either with ctrl + or with the mouse).

Is there anything else I should try? Would my log files be helpful?

Thanks,

B

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the exact same problem on PS since the update last week. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the exact same freezing when zoomed in close. Since last week's update. 
The good thing is that my work is not lost when I exit. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2020 Feb 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The original question mentions some very strange behaviors, but for those who are just suffering from unresponsive shortcut keys, please read the following:

Many problems with not functioning Zoom keys (Ctrl + and –) and often also Arrange keys (Ctrl [ and ]) have to do with conflicting keyboard layouts and settings. Sometimes the keyboard hardware doesn't comply with the settings in Windows. And sometimes users accidentally invoke the keyboard layout to change, when repeatedly (and unknowingly) pressing their hot keys (like Crtl Shift and a number). And then there's even a setting in Photoshop to overrule that...

So there are more than enough options to unleash keyboard mayhem onto your Windows system. I'm not able to give full instructions for all possible configurations, so you need to verify and alter some settings under Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated latest version of XD. Texts still freezing. I fed up!!!

Also, i cannnot find the color among all items.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please stop trying to add more things that XD can do and fix the extreme crashing that started in the summer updates. I can't save enough to keep up with the crashes. Crashes on zooms, copy and paste seem so 90's psd. I don't care about flows etc... Just make a program that works. - Thank you.

{Renamed By MOD}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing the feedback. Could you please share a few more details like:

1. The version of XD and the Operating System.
  2. Is it happening on a specific file or multiple files?
  3. Please collect and share system logs: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

We're here to help, just need more information.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem as everyone else. I'm on Windows 10 home running the latest XD using an external monitor. Everything on my computer is up to date. The issue happens all the time. I'd like a solution urgently. This has happened 3 times in 30mins of using XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys like above. I didin't look how to solve it byt after last few up[dates it\s getting more often to freez.
You can save documnents etc. by using keyboard shortcurts. Close program and lunch it again.
I inly fouynd topics where are no solutions to my problem.

Jacek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please share the information asked here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/crash-load-adobe-xd-freezes-during-the-zoom-operation/m-p/10...

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello can you specify little bit more? In link I can many, different request from "Adobe". Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've experienced the same zooming-crash bug for the past year across four different computers, two operating systems, along with the same and different files. It seems like the canvas stops rendering properly and sometimes freezes mid-raster while the UI keeps working.

Please QA and fix this bug, it's severe enough for me to consider alternate software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running version 36.0.32 and this bug continues to happen exactly as before. 

Symptoms have also been consistent across versions of XD and computers:

- Canvas seems to stop responding/rendering

- Shortcuts still work (ctrl/cmd + s still seems to save the file)

- restarting the application solves it

- quick or reptitive zoom operations seem to cause it more frequently but it also "just" happens at random with even a single zoom operation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Is there any solution to this? Can't do any prototyping as the application freezes every couple of minutes!!

I am version 38.0.12

Thanks

Josh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is this still an issue a year later? I'm on Win10 using a Wacom tablet, and it always freezes when it zooms in quickly (i.e. on quicker taps). Program freezes but ironically I can save and close.

I'm always onto of updates and use latest version of XD, but this issue has plagued versions since the original post. I've even done a clean install and still this issue persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can somebody please please please fix this issue that has been in every release from day dot...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Please ensure that you have installed the latest Windows updates as in some cases we have observed that installing the latest updates solves the issue. Please try that and in case if it still doesn't work, please share system logs https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html and Spin Dump file as these logs will help us investigating. To collect the spin dump file, please try the steps shared here:

Mac
  • Launch Activity Monitor
  • Select Adobe XD process (might show as “Not Responding”)
  • Click on the gear in the upper left of the Activity Monitor
  • Select “Spindump”
  • This will generate a text file

Win
  • Launch Task Manager
  • Select the Adobe XD process
  • Right click on the Adobe XD process
  • Select “Create dump file”
  • This will generate a binary file

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is still happening today. MacBook Pro with Apple M1 Max, latest version of the OS (Monterrey 12.1) and latest version as of today of XD. Everything up to date and nary any other software on this machine (it is just new) and this problem of getting the zoom stuck at a small percentage (was about 3.x%) and not being able to zoom back in, still happening. Been experiencing that for quite some time in my previous laptop MacBook Pro late 2012.

Adobe, not yet fixed!

Workaround (works for me, anyhow): Other than restart the application (what I used to do), I now switch to another app (Firefox in this case) and get back to XD, and it works again. It's still a pain to encounter it.

When it happens again (surely it will, as IT IS NOT FIXED!), I'll try those steps and submit a dump file. But Adobe, please review whatever code is there, because it is apparently an issue you have been having for years now, and it is still there! In two different architectures (Inter and Apple Silicon), on two OSs (Windows and macOS), on different versions of the app and the OSs... I mean, the issue is in your code!

Anyway, hope everyone has a great holiday break and a happy New Year!

Take care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have that same freezing issue upon zooming and saving to cloud on XD version 56.1.12. Bug has not been fixed??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @softwareo531194 ,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Would you mind confirming the version of the OS? Also, is it happening with a specific file or multiple files? Have you noticed if this is happening with a file or files with some particular types of assets? All this information will help us identify the issue's root cause.

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines