• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Crash/Load]-Modifying gradient direction causes crash in Adobe XD.

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When modifying the gradient direction of any shape (using that line that pops up on top of said shape) there's a brief pause where the program is unresponsive and then an immediate closing of the application. Upon rebooting the app, the dialog for the crash report does pop up.

Version is updated to 24. Is anybody else stumbling upon this glitch? I can't recreate it with my own computer, it seems to be unique to my designer roommate.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Crash on mac , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear you are facing crash issue while modifying the gradient directions. We haven't seen anyone else reporting the same issue. We would like to know few more details to investigate the issue-

• What is the OS & XD version of your machine?
  • Is it happening with all the files or with a specific file?
  • Would you mind creating a short video of the workflow so that we can understand better?
  • Could you please try creating a new file and try to change the direction on a new document? & share the results.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem for me. It's impossible to use Adobe XD without gradients control now. I switched to competitors.

• What is the OS & XD version of your machine? windows 10 64bit home (updated). XD: 24 1 22 6
  • Is it happening with all the files or with a specific file?  all files. new and old.
  • Would you mind creating a short video of the workflow so that we can understand better?  sure. If i click here, it crashes suddendly.
  • Could you please try creating a new file and try to change the direction on a new document? & share the results. Same results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michelea,

We are sorry to hear you are facing trouble using gradients in XD & thank you for sharing the additional information. Would you mind updating XD to the latest version (25.1)? I have tried to reproduce the same at my end on windows 10 on latest version of XD and it is worked fine for me.

Let us know if that helps. 

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you use gradient tool, if you click the gradient points on a layer to change the gradient direction, XD becomes unresponsive for a second and crashes.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vinay,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues using gradient tool in Adobe XD. I have tried the same on windows10 and it worked fine for me. We would like to know more about the issue-

• What is the OS & XD version of your machine?
  • Is it happening with all the files or with a specific file?
  • Could you please check if your graphic card drivers are up to date?
  • Have you tried switching to a different windown whenever it happens & see if that helps?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem for me. It's impossibile to use Adobe XD without gradients control now.

• What is the OS & XD version of your machine? windows 10 64bit home (updated). XD: 24 1 22 6
  • Is it happening with all the files or with a specific file? all files. new and old.
  • Could you please check if your graphic card drivers are up to date? sure. updated. GTX 1060.
  • Have you tried switching to a different windown whenever it happens & see if that helps? when i click on any part of the gradient control line directly on the item, it crash immediatly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when ever i modify greadient tool adobe xd crashed

im using Win 10 64bit  and 64bit adobe xd version 24.3.22.2 

i reinstalled the graphic drivers but the problem is still there

im using dell latitude e6430s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sherjeel.

Thank you for sharing the details. Would you mind updating XD to the latest version (25.1)? Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika 

I have the same glitch while using the gradient tool in Adobe xD. As soon as i click on the gradient slider to change the direction, Adobe xD crashes. I have updated my Adobe xD to version 25.1 already but still i'm having the same problem. Its very frustating that i'm unable to use the gradient tool in Adobe xD.

Please Remove this Glitch/bug and provide a update.

Thank you 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am using the same version and facing same probplem og gradeint? how to resolve?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Laiba,

Sorry for the trouble. Would you mind sharing the OS and XD version of your machine? It would be really helpful if you can share your workflow.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have installed xd 26 and the same problem found in earlier versions 24,25 that gradient is not applying after clicking on gradient xd crashes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi William,

We are sorry to hear you're experiencing crash issues with XD. Would you mind sharing the log file along with the XD file with me over a private message? You may generate the logs using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html and upload the file to a shared location such as Creative Cloud app or Dropbox and share the url with me. We would also like to know the version of operating system you're using.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 08, 2020 Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest version and still have that issue 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello michelea82289725,

I also faced the problem. After I faced this problem I tried downgraded and upgraded the XD versions. Finally I came out with the solution. Please use the XD version 24.0.22.19. It will solve your gradient problem. I tried this version with my PC and problem solved. Try this version and please feedback me with the results. Thank you. I'm using windows 10 version 1909 OS build 18363.657. I don't think you need to update windows 10 to version 1909. Just try the mentioned XD version with your current windows version. Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thankyou So Much For Gradient Direction Bug Resolving Issue 

I am Very Happy for This Glitch Resolve Thank you so Much 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im still having this issue, how did you fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2019 Dec 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have also same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kaushik Rupani,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with gradients in XD. Would you mind sharing the above asked information that will help us investigate about the issue?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem here since I updated the iOs version this morning  (BigSur 11.2.1)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines