• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Design]-Scaling of strokes proportionally in XD.

Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2020 Feb 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the workflow I wanted to have: creating a bunch of icons in Illustrator and importing them into XD (or open the .ai file in XD). Strokes and radiuses are applied as styles in .ai to do general changes in style efficiently. If I open these assets in XD and try to scale them strokes won’t scale when I have to use icons in different sizes. Am I doing sth wrong or is it the way things should work in XD (responsive resize is "off")? 

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Design , Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Clemens,

Thank you for reaching out. If I heard you right, it looks like this is the functionality you are looking for: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/17480839--scaling-... If so, please submit your feedback and upvote the request to add your voice.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does this need even a feature request. This is truly a dealbreaker for many, but you discover so early in learning the product, that you just leave instead of supporting a many year old feature request. This is so sad... I am really into buying a mac just for using Sketch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We arent equesting a feature, we are requesitng the basic, fundamental ability to scale a stroke as we scale an object. this isnt a feature, this is the most basic of design functionality. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

100% agree.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

haha, yessir! this is the exact reason I started using figma.

Adobe has so many features that are awesome, and I still use on a regular basis, but when I learned figma actually did the things I was requesting, basic things, it was a dealbreaker. I started using Figma a few weeks ago, and so far created products I never could in Xd.

Sadly, I won't be using Xd for the long run for this exact reason: basic things are feature requests that get left on seen for years!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys. Look this should NEVER be a request!!!!! Do you actually use the software in any proffesional way? or are you just softwear number crunchers and developers. How is not having the ability to scale a group of objects some with strokes proportionaly benifical to anyone? i need to scale things all the time in every software i use in the adobe packages, all programmes Indesign, photoshop, illustrator give me the ability to scale things up and down without the strokes being left unscaled! simple everyday requirement, but for some unknown reason you though it would be a great idea to leave this feature off. Any expanation into this bezare logic would be greatful. This is such a let down. do you even look at ther adobe packages and how they function

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe seriously, when is this simple fix going to happen. Import a Ai icon, resize it and stokes and curved radius does not scale !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's super lame that I have to go in to XD and establish the dims I need for a graphic, open the Illustrator file,  which is set to scale stroke, scale to dims needed, then copy and paste into XD. That's my workaround FWIW.

But I, like others here find it super annoying to come across this thread over a year after the original post, with no update from Adobe in this thread, or even a cross link to solution in another thread. This should not be a feature. This should be part of a build.

And, in my work, I don't just slam and cram by making the customer submit a request. I would do a discovery to determine the need, and make the request on their behalf. Adobe, please, you can do better!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe, can you resolve this or with your new purchase of Figma can you speed things up? We love adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2023 Jun 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Select all shapes and group them. Then Go to Object -> Path -> Outline Stroke. Hopefully, issue will be resolved!  I was just in need for help. I came across an answer. I still find this issue strange!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines