• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Design]-Update All button not updating any linked component in Adobe XD.

Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10, Xd version 24.2.22.8. Since 1 or 2 updates ago, "Update All" button no longer updates anything. Some assets can be manually upaded from Assets panel but others refuse to update at all. Some of the assets that won't update at all have new "component states" feature enabled, so this is possibly related to further bugginess in this still-half-baked feature.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Design , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

I actually tried relinking the assets by using the plus button at the top (illustrated in my beautiful screenshot) instead of updating just the components and that worked!

Assets Screenshot.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Thank you so much for the information and screenshots. The team has logged a bug for the same and are working on it to fix it. You may see the improvements in the future releases of XD.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this problem too. If you click on the individual update button, it still works for most of the components. But it seems like some of the components are stuck and not updating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps I am naive or stupid, but this seems like an obvious bug that in a properly run software company would disqualify a release from going live. I can name others, When components replaced symbols, existing symbols were so badly correupted that it cost me dozens of hours and my employers tens of thousands of dollars of my time. Component states were released half-baked. To me it poses this question: is there any QA role in the XD team?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One would think, huh? It's now Oct 2020 and this is still a problem. wtf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Updating via individual update button doesn't work either. So basically, the whole components feature is useless at this point. Very time consuming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are sorry to hear you're having trouble updating linked components in Adobe XD. We would like to know a few more details like-

• What is the version of the source file on which the file was created?
  • Could you please create two new files and then link components from one to another? & share the results with us.
  • Could you please share the About XD info screenshot or a short video of the workflow? So that we can investigate more about the issue.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually tried relinking the assets by using the plus button at the top (illustrated in my beautiful screenshot) instead of updating just the components and that worked!

Assets Screenshot.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The source file for the components I was using was created in the XD (24.1.22) and then he updated to the latest version XD (24.2.22). The file I am trying to use them in was created in XD (24.2.22).

I think I can still recreate the problem in one of my documents. I will try to get screenshots or do a screen record.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. This is a great work around!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This "fix" only works with cloud docs. My company's firewall makes using cloud docs problematic. I should be able to use files on any local shared folder as source docs but Adobe doesn't support this fully.. Another iffy feature decision that Adobe has yet to fix although I requested it months ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doing this removes the "Update all" button but the components that caused the problem from the begining doesn't sync properly with the master components afterward. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is most certainly not a "correct answer." The only correct answer could be, "We have finally fixed it!"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika. I'd love to have the spare time to do Adobe's QA work for free, but my employer keeps me pretty busy. Perhaps Adobe could hire its own QA team? I can share a few more details. The Update All button no longer works, but I can update most of the components individually. A major time sink but it mostly works. Where it doesn't seem to work is with components previously placed elsewhere that have had the new States added to them in the source file. These won't update, and the states don't appear in the target docs. This suggests yet another bug in the already-buggy-enough States feature. PLEASE start testing your own stuff before you ship it to us!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Adobe Xd I have a "master component"-document from which I link components to other documents.

A few days a go I started getting issues with certain child components not updating:

• The "Update all" button shows in the linked document, but pressing it doesn't do anyting.
  • I can also go into the list with all assets an induvidually update some of them but a few can't be updated.
  • If I go to + assets and re-choose my "master component"-document, the "Update all" button goes away but the child component doesn't reflect the changes that is made to its parent.
  • This is true for my existing document that links to my "master component"-document. However, if I create a new document an link to one of the "problem component" it works fine.

Been speaking to Adobe support for 3h and then got disconnected so posting here instead.

Support number: ADB-10006717-T4X4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

System info: macOS 10.15.1

Adobe XD version: 24.3.22.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry to hear that you are facing trouble updating the linked components. We have escalated the case to the team and someone from the team will get back to you shotly for the real-time assistance.

Let us know how it goes and the steps that helped you fixed the issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I had one of you representatives reach out to me with "a solution": creating new files for all my linked documents and then past the content of my old files into the new file. I tired this for a few of my child files and it initially worked fine (except that all comments was lost in the published spec-file; the extra work of managing and having to share new files with the development team; transferring unresolved comments etc.)

However, opening the newly created files a few days later I now have the same issue with links unable to update. This problem, toghether with all other bugs, is really making it quite impossible for us to use Xd professionally in a reliable way. 

Any news on this issue? Or is it time to start looking for alternative solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I have 2 files, one of them with all the master components and the other one with the design. All worked well until I updated Adobe XD to the 24.2.22.8 version.

1. I opened my components file

2. I opened my design file

3. I created a new state for a master component in the components file

4. I save the components file

5. That component is part of more components

6. In the design file, I see the option to update all the affected components

7. I click the "Update" blue button but nothing happens

8. I try to update every component by right-clicking on each and selecting the "Update" option but nothing happens

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to achive the same - https://youtu.be/0BOquTlxXAQ

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mr. Vishu,

Yes, I am, but the differences are:

1. My files were created with the previous Adobe XD version

2. The component that I created a new state for is part of several components

3. The files are not Adobe Cloud documents

This is happening with just some files/components, not with all of them, I don't know why.

Thanks and regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the exact same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We are sorry to hear you are facing trouble updating components in Adobe XD. Would you mind trying to sign out of Adobe XD and Creative Cloud and sign back in?

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that sign out, then signing back in doesn't resolve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for trying the steps. Could you please try creating a new artboard in the child file and copy and paste the component?

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I tried that during a chat with one of your representatives yesterday and it doesn't work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines