• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Design]-Update All button not updating any linked component in Adobe XD.

Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10, Xd version 24.2.22.8. Since 1 or 2 updates ago, "Update All" button no longer updates anything. Some assets can be manually upaded from Assets panel but others refuse to update at all. Some of the assets that won't update at all have new "component states" feature enabled, so this is possibly related to further bugginess in this still-half-baked feature.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Design , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

I actually tried relinking the assets by using the plus button at the top (illustrated in my beautiful screenshot) instead of updating just the components and that worked!

Assets Screenshot.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Thank you so much for the information and screenshots. The team has logged a bug for the same and are working on it to fix it. You may see the improvements in the future releases of XD.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same problem has existed here for months.
When trying to update each component individually, XD freezes for about 15-20 minutes or even completely. It doesn't matter if I open the document on Mac or Windows, or if it's a local or cloud document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry for the delay in response and sorry to hear that you are experiencing XD freezing issue while updating the component. Could you please share the OS and XD version of your machine? Is it possible for you to share a video capturing the behavior? Is it happening with every component you update and with every file? 

Please generate the logs using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html and upload the file to a shared location such as Creative Cloud and share the url with me over a private message.

We will try our best to address and investigate the issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! As i already mentioned i work on both OS. Windows and iOS version: 27.2.12.4.

I rechead out to you some weeks ago regarding this issue (ADB-9886579-T1Q0 CRM:00275000005660). Your Team couldn't help and i created complete new files. As the file sizes grown up (it's about 86mb on my local drive and 223mb in the cloud (Why this difference?)), the problems appeared more often. When i changed the components in my parent document, the change in the child component in an other document took a very long time.

Nevertheless it was possible to update all the components one by one last week. The update all button didn't work at all and i needed to click four or five times on the blue update symbol of each component seperatly. Then i waited for some minutes and the change had been completed. When i change a component now, everything works fine, also the update all button.

From my point of view everything works fine with small projects, but if the document and components are growing up, XD has problems with updating components.

Due i could update all my components for the moment, i can't help with a video.
But I'm afraid I'm coming back to the same point, where XD freezes and i can't work properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started this thread in November, and since then not much has changed except to get a little bit worse. Now, as others have reported, I get periodic freezes. A new thing that's even wrose - twice now, my source Cloud libraries have corrupted themselves, forcing me to roll back to previous versions, taxing my and my employer's resources.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey brycef46143366 what do you mean by corrupted themselves?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When opening a file, got a message like "File cannot be read" or somesuch. Then the document opened as "untitled" with no content - as if a brand-new XD document.

I could have reported it, but what good ould it have done? So many old bugs unfixed, so many missing features unbuilt. If my company supported Macs, I'd be looking at Sketch really closely right now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that you have been tracking these issues for quite some time now. I'll try my best to help you out here. About this recent issues that you are experiencing. It would be great if you could share this file with me via private message so that we may investigate it.

I'd also like to inform that we have already shared your previous feedback with our product team and there are working on it.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

while i was searching for an ability to share the files with you, i found an older copy on my drive and i was able to record a video of this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok... i feel like a fool. i don't find any sharing option on creative cloud files. i can download the files, but it's not possible to share them beside an invite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using multiple Adobe IDs, can you check if you are using the correct one when logging into assets.adobe.com? You should be able to share files or folders using the info here https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/creative-cloud/help/share.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to update 330 components by hand. Mate this is insane!!! Button Update all doesent work. My file is 130MB. I wait more than i work with XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a large designsystem with many components. I update one or several components in the master file and then in the sub-files, the components dont update. Its so unstable XD and actually unsuable when such things happen. We are a team of two designers and we more have to wait for XD than that we can work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble updating the linked components in XD. We had a similar discussion happened   here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/design-update-all-button-not-updating-any-linked-component-i... . Please try the suggestion mentioned and as the team is working on it. You may see the improvements in the future releases of XD. We will update you as soon as I hear back from the team

We really appreciate your patience. 

Thanks,

Harshika 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe - are you going to fix this or not? in XD version 33, the problem still exists and now some of the work-arounds are broken. You are basically now advertizing features you really don't have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines