• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Device Preview shows an old file and not current one (solved)

Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had an issue yesterday which I was able to solve but, at the time, couldn't see any help articles with this answer (Mac & iPhone). The problem was I hadn't used XD for a while and when I went to device preview my recent design I was only able to see a really old design that wasn't even on my computer anymore.  It was loaded fully but wasn't the file I had open on my desktop. I read about deleting offline docs, I also tried an original apple cable but then I was just getting "open XD document" screen.

So I deleted and reinstalled the XD app and then it worked.

So I would make sure:

- you're using an original mac cable

- go to XD app > Settings > Preferences > Remove Offline Docs

- delete and redownload the XD app

- quit desktop app (and maybe even restart comp if convenient)

Hopefull that list works for someone if they have the same issue.

TOPICS
Open and save docs , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing the solution, I am sure it will help other community members in case of a similar issue. Feel free to reach out if you need have any other questions or issues in the future.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2023 Oct 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've had this issue literally for years now. Did everything you said and at the very least I don't get my old non-existent design showing, so that's great, many thanks! I still cannot see my design despite using a very high-quality Anker cable (Better spec than Apple) which is incredibly frustrating. Brand new Apple M2 Macbook Pro, high quality Cable and iPhone 12 and still this basic functionality is redundant. Anyway - thanks for your info nonetheless. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines