• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does Adobe Have Plans to Fix the Text Editing Issue

Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like all of your customers we are having an unreasonably difficult time editing text. We lose an hour of work or more per day waiting for XD to allow us to edit text. I have noticed that this same issue has been posted about by numerous user for over 2 years! TWO YEARS!

Let's be honest, at this point this isn't a bug this is a willful choice by Adobe to not address a flaw that renders XD unusable for signficant periods of time.

Does Adobe have an intention of fixing this or should we start shopping for other apps? There's no way we can recommend as our enterprise design solution if we can't even use it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am sorry for the bad experience and completely understand your frustration. I would feel the same in your situation. I believe you're talking about the same issue mentioned here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/crash-load-adobe-xd-is-crashing-while-editing-text/td-p/1076...

If so, could you please share the details asked here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/crash-load-adobe-xd-is-crashing-while-editing-text/m-p/11304... so that we can open a new bug and investigate it further in detail?

I will try my best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harshika,

To your questions:

• Have you noticed any specific action triggering this behavior?
    • NP - Not specifically. It is much worse with projects where we have coediting enabled, but this problem affects all projects regardless of size, complexity, amount of text, coediting, etc.
  • Is it happening with every file or with a specific file?
    • NP - same as above
  • Is it happening with a specific text box or randomly with any?
    • NP - it happens with ALL text, including trying to use the assest/component search. There are many times when we will try to edit text on an artboard and the text will show up in that search box for some reason. More often than not though it simply won't allow you to edit any text.
  • How often do you experience this issue?
    • NP - Constantly. We spend 5-10 minutes for every 30 minutes of design work waiting on XD to let us edit text.
  • Please share the OS and XD version of your machine.
    • NP - Windows 10 Enterprise. XD version 31.2.12
  • Please make sure your graphic card driver and operating system are up to date.
    • NP - they are
  • Are you using any external monitor?
    • NP - I use an external monitor as well as the laptop screen. Same results on both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for being patient to answer all the questions with details. I really appreciate it. In order to escalate it, could you please create a short video of the problem and share with us? It would be really helpful if you can share a sample file with me over a private message so that I can log a bug for the issue with all details.

Note: Please add the url of the post over a PM for reference.

I will try my best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've seen two text related bugs in XD, dunno if they are the same.

1- Sometimes, when editing values in the right panel. Editing some element's position, or border value, or wathever.

2- Editing text elements in artboard or adding some text element.

To "fix" this issue I just press ALT+TAB and come back to XD, but this issue is annoying. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines