• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drop shadow not embeeded when I export XD page to SVG

Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm Win 10 user with latest adobe XD version.

I tried to export XD page with shadow inside to svg. Then I open svg in latest ver Illustrator CC, but I lost my shadow.

Any someone can fix it?

regards

Deto

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

I see the same behavior on my Mac. Illustrator doesn't always interpret SVGs perfectly. SVG files are a coded file and Illustrator doesn't seem to support the way that XD is coding the shadow. The SVG should be fine for use in a webpage though.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the same behavior on my Mac. Illustrator doesn't always interpret SVGs perfectly. SVG files are a coded file and Illustrator doesn't seem to support the way that XD is coding the shadow. The SVG should be fine for use in a webpage though.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am encountering this issue when exporting artboards to PDF. It used to be that the shadows would export (but at poor quality), but now it just not longer exports at all. I am running Adobe XD v24.4.22.1 on macOS Mojave (10.14.6).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, is there a solution or work around for it ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with very simple shapes- a gray square box with a plus sign. The square has a drop shadow for hover and the white plus sign centered inside the square gray box has a small drop shadow as well. It looks correct when exported to Zeplin but the SVG download from Zeplin, when opened in Illustrator, does not render at all. This is happening site-wide. The developers are telling me I can't add a dropshadow within a vector shape. That is an extreme blocker for design. Any suggestions? I've abandoned many other effects that render terribly in SVG export, including Adobe Stock .ai files I've placed. Anything with a drop shadow and/or filter are not usable. Could really use some help with this. 
I'm working in Adobe Cloud on an iMac, OS High Siera, 10.13.3 and up to date on apps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

same problem here, yet another bug to the evergrowing list

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines