• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements with 'fix position when scrolling' disappear in preview after XD update

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noticed this behavior after today's XD update (v20.0.12.10). When on Preview mode (Cmd-Enter), artboard elements that have "Fix position when scrolling" checked on them disappear from preview mode. Unchecking the "Fix position" box shows them back.

As I'm working on a set of wires that rely heavily on the fixed position option, let's say I'm not exactly amused and that this is more likely a new bug that should be fixed ASAP.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. In Prototype mode, select any given element
2. Connect selected element to another artboard

3. In the new Interaction panel, check the "Fix position when scrolling" option for the linked element.

4. Launch Preview Mode (Cmd-Enter)

5. Notice that the linked element does not show on screen. Unchecking "Fix position" checkbox, while not ideal, fixes it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Hi Elyson,

We are sorry to hear you are unable to see the fixed elements in XD preview. Would you mind sharing the screenshot of your design in prototype mode? I would like to know if you've fixed the elements with in the viewport area or below the fold. Anything you fix below the fold will not be visible so if you want to make your elements visible it should be within the viewport height.

Let me know if that helps. I will try my best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2022 Dec 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i Googled around to find a soulution on my problem and ended up here. I´m not a programer or designer just an happy amateur. So i maybe not use the right words. But i want to share my problem and what i did so solve it.

I wanted a menubar in the bottom of the page. I read that it had to be inside viewpoint i reesixed it so it was with good margin inside it, i thought that i maybe had to be inside on the sides to so it was with good margin inside the artboar on the sides and over the viewpoint in the bottom. This did not work. But as soon i draged the sides so it was align/connected with the sides of the artboard it all of a sudden apeard.

NOTE: i only had the problem when sharing a link, in prototype mode it always worked.

OH one more problem was that the device i shared the link to was smaler then the artboard, so the viewpoint was different on my artboard on my comuter then on the device i shared and tested it on. So it HAD TO BE INSIDE THE viewpoint of the devide i shared it to.

Hope this helps somone 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It appears again, I have noticed this behavior XD (v56.1.22.1). When on Preview mode (Cmd-Enter), artboard elements that have "Fix position when scrolling" checked on them disappear from Preview mode. Unchecking the "Fix position" box shows them back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines