Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 44 when sharing documents in XD.

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some variants of this error message: Error 44:47 and 44:23, 44:63 

Try the solutions in the order in which they are listed. 

• Reduce number of assets in your files and retry 
  • Split your artboards into two separate files and retry. 

While we understand that the last two solutions aren't ideal, the team is aware of the issue, and is working towards fixing it. 

To get in touch with Adobe Support for investigation, use this linkā€Æ Contact Customer Care 

Thanks, 

Preran 

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Product performance , Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

You're a genius! Thank you! It seems like the issue was with the two of the PNG images I had exported from the same file and was using them as a background image for the overlay transitions to get the auto-animations to work in the prototype as I inteded them toā€”XD doesn't do a good job with overlay auto-animate transitions. I deleted those images and it finally updated the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Thank you so much!

In my case it was an objact from the adobe library ive built in AI and linked via Library object.

Copy and pasted the vectors and it worked!

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 197 Replies 197
Advisor ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the following links to troubleshoot-

https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/error-44-when-sharing-documents/m-p/10635971/thread-id/16657

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/xd/kb/cannot-use-share-feature.html

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, check the storage, Error message 44:77 specifically references out of storage. it comes up when the user has exceeded the storage quota.

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Suresh,

We are sorry to hear you are facing trouble using XD. Could you please confirm if the issue has been resolved or if you need further assistance on the same?

We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't able to create link for my file in Adobe XD, its saying something went wrong please try again Error(44:47), Anyone faced the same problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on latest version? Did you use free or retail version of Adobe Xd?

Also please review https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/share-unable-to-create-a-prototype-link-in-adobe-xd/td-p/108...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah am using latest version and the paid one, my companies security system blocking me to create the link, i found it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your storage, Error message 44:77 specifically references out of storage. it comes up when the user has exceeded the storage quota. I ran into this when I was importing vectors for patterns. You need to reduce the number of assets in the file, if you have vectors. Try importing any complex vectors as PNG files. This solved it for me. ALSO, per above, you can split your artboards into multiple filesā€” not quite as elegant linking between, though. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been 2 years of these errors. Come on Adobe. Please do something serious about them. There are multiple times that we need to apologize to our customers in your behalf because we couldn't publish the new versions at that particular time that is needed. The error 44:15 and all those 44:... related errors are killing our productivity. Really.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I keep getting this error "You're disconnected. Check your internet connection and try again."

Adobe XD latest version on Windows 10

Wi-Fi connection that seems to be okay otherwise, no issues with other apps or browsers.

Nenad5ED7_0-1620222555786.pngNenad5ED7_1-1620222588937.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble creating links in XD. Would you mind switching to a different network and see if that helps? Please try copy everything from the prototype mode into a new file and then try creating links.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was sharing an artboard with about 150 downloadable assets. Got error 44:47 while sharing. I had two assets that were toggle states of the same components. I grabbed em both and ungrouped them so that they are no more states of same component. And boom problem solved. Link updated smoothly.

so check your assets that might be creating conflicts like these.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been getting these 44:47 errors CONSISTENTLY for at least a month now. Never had it before. The only fix seems to be to just create new local copies of your XD file and try to share the prototype again. Once the file gets a 44:47, it probably will give you the error forever and you'll never be able to generate a link from that file again. Sometimes it takes me 3 or 4 resaves until I can actually get a link. And god forbid you have a small update to make to your online prototype once you've already given a link to your client, there's like a 50% chance trying to update will brick your link and file and you will need to re-save a local file and generate a new link and re-send it to your client.

This is seriously pathetic and a major roadblock in my workflow and collaboration with clients.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like stated in some of the other replies... this is probably caused by symbols. I had similar issues, because I like to design effectively and nest symbols. Some of my symbols were quite complicated and that caused the error. Keeping things more simple, of course thereby less efficient, has cured the problem.

Now, of course, ADOBE... this does not mean that situation is satisfying and the problem resolved!!!

We need to be able to use symbols and nested symbols to their fullest extend, otherwise why bother with XD??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have the same issue, Error 44:47. Still no solution after almost 3 years!?! Was working fine yesterday, just worked on the file today and got the error message. I researched a bit and tried to find a solution. Restarted wifi, Adobe, Logged out, file without JPG or other "complex" things, just regular text and shapes, nothing else that I did not have yesterday already. Even deleted the pages I added today, nothing works! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2021 Oct 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am trying to share my Xd project (415 Mb), with the developer by creating a private link. It seems that even when I try for smaller sizes files the process stops at 70% and then an error of "44:76" appears. I tried many times to solve this even with cable connection but the problem remains the same. One question is if a file of 415Mb considers too big for Xd in general, and why when I go down to 5 MB I still have the same issue. Is there any other way to manage to deliver material without the sharing option?

I would really appreciate your help.

Thank you in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2021 Oct 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try saving it as a local file (File > Save as Local Document...) and sending it to your developer another way such as via:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. You can also try the suggestions shared here https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd-discussions/error-44-when-sharing-documents-in-xd/m-p/106359... and let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you get to a 415MB file in an app that mainly uses vector?  I would say a 415MB XD file is indeed on the large side. Are these assets marked for export in Dev Mode?

One of the 'solutions' to this that I have found is to be careful with nested components. Reducing nested components and accepting a few more artboards instead has saved some of my projects from giving errors during the to upload phase.

This is still of course something Adobe should look into, but so far all they claim is that the problem sits on your network side of things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I solved my error 44 issue by removing all old versions from the link. Maybe it can work for you too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I'm getting the 44:76 error EVERY SINGLE TIME I try to create or update a link. It's driving me nuts. How can Adobe still not have fixed this??? The complaints over this problem, on this thread alone, started in 2019. I only switched to XD from Sketch 18 months ago and I'm very close to just giving up on it now. It's not acceptable for Adobe to build software that fails at the last most critical stage of sharing your work with clients, stakeholders, team, whoever.

Has anyone established definitively what causes this error? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im experiencing this error too - please resolve  this - its adding more encouragment for me to just do everything in Figma.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the distinct impression this issue isn't getting much attention. It's nearly 3 years since the original post. 

I routinely have this issue and end up spending more time trying to publish a link than I often do working on the assests.

image.pngMaybe the error message could at least get a tweak. How about, after the word "wrong" add a comma followed by the word "again". At least that would be more accurate?

ā€ƒ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked!  I was running into the same issue. Tried using different computers, different networks, created a new file...

Getting repeatedly.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to solve my problem, which was the same error. By elimination process, I could find out that it had to do with a particular JPG image that a client had provided me. I revive it as a PNG and the shared file as it should. The file size was really larger after booking as PNG, so the file size was not the problem. I will try another file that had the same problem and see if it works. I hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines