• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error: 49 while try to save the file in XD.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2019 Jun 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a cloud document to connect to XD file to use its assets library. My issue is, as soon as the cloud document size reached to 550kb you cannot save any changes. When you try to save you get Error: 49 message.

Yes, I did try to clearing TMP files, sign out and sign in again, uninstall XD and install it again. Delete the Cloud file and then recreate another, but even the new file once it reaches to 550kb you cannot save for further and pop out same Error: 49.

In Sketch, you won't get issues with cloud libraries. This makes Adobe XD very unreliable for work I'm afraid.

Please advise me and I hope you will fix this issue in your next release.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Open and save docs , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

For all of you that are facing this issue, try the solutions in the following order:

Oth

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 136 Replies 136
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For all of you that are facing this issue, try the solutions in the following order:

Other solutions that have helped some users:

• Reduce file size by splitting a project into multiple smaller projects.
  • Rename your cloud files after downloading a copy to your local computer: Will retain local changes but break links to other docs, try to relink the docs in this case. 
  • Clear temp files. You will lose latest changes to your doc and the doc will revert to the last saved version.
    • Quit all adobe related processes
    • Click start type 'run' or an equivalent in your os language
    • Enter %temp%
    • Delete all files in the local/temp folder that shows up
    • Click start type 'run' or an equivalent in your os language
    • Enter 'temp'
    • Delete all files in the temp folder that shows up
    • Reboot + relaunch cc and xd

Note: If you still face issues, please reach out to Harshika Verma with logs so that we can escalate the issue to the team for further investigation.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran,

Thank you for your reply. I have followd the link you provided eventhought it does not specfy the error code I have mentioned. Error: 49.

I will expalin the issues again here.

When you create XD file you have option to save it in the Colud Documents. Once you done that you can link assets in the Cloud document with XD files in local. This is very powerful faciloity like in Sketch.

When the file saved in Cloud Documents reach up to 550kb, then any update or changes you wont allow to save and it throiwng up an Error: 49. I have attached a screenshot for your refrence.

Cheers.

XD Error 49.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, by chance try to change the name of the file and see if the operation is successful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Please refer the image attached. I have renamed the file but it wont allow me to save it.

Could not find option to rename the file via  "assets.adobe.com/cloud-documents"

This happned for all 3 cloud documetns I have created (with simple file name Eg: DM) all of them get this save Error: 49 once the file size are over 550kb.

Cheers.

Screenshot 2019-06-04 at 11.33.24 am.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somehow Renamed worked, but still have the Save Error: 49. Screenshot attached.

Screenshot 2019-06-04 at 12.38.09 pm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the info and the troubleshooting thus far. Appreciate it. I suggest getting in touch with our tech support team using this link Contact Customer Care​ for further investigation. Use the chat button to get started.

Let me know if you need more assistance.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Customer support link does not give me any option escalate the issue more further. Could you please send my query to you Tech Support team please or send me a direct email address.

many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I also have this problem but my file is not save to cloud, it only exists on my computer. I tried your suggested solutions but some of  them require me to close xd first, so im scared to lose my progress on the file. Is there any way i can fix this without losing my progress?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran, 

I've done this and it works but after a while it keeps happening. 

It's really urgent to fix this issue as this makes it really hard to use this product... What are the updates on this topic? Did you understand what was causing this? Is it gonna be fixed eventually?

Thank you 

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Preran 

Any updates on the issue above?

Thanks 

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue too. Document was at 50MB. I create a local copy of a day older version that did work and try to upload but it doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Antonio,
I have sent you a DM. Please take a look when you have a chance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2019 Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Thank you. I have sent you an email with all the screenshots.

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully you submit the solution here since there's a lot of people having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are still investigating and collecting logs and actively working on this issue.
Do you have a reproducible case?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2019 Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mcarvalh_ent No sorry..we can't reproduce the case...it must be a bug.

This is a cloud document and its shared with other co-workers.

• I have uninstalled, re-installed both XD and CC also tried to repair.
  • We use the latest version.
  • Restarted computer.
  • Tried your provided trial and error previous threads.
  • Made copy with same filesize and saved to the coud (worked) NOT A SOLUTION.

It saved when..:
My co-worker tried to save the very same XD document with success with his CC user.
But when using my user I get error 49 no matter what.

I was also notified about my co-worker update in my XD file..
Which I could apply. But I cant save this file with my creative cloud user...

Note:

This just suddenty stopped working yesterday...We are going to use XD for our designsystem. So we need it to work flawless...as this will be a shared asset for all of our prototypes. We can't copy the document etc.

You got any idea why my user get error 49 on only this document, but other users save without a problem..I am also the owner of the cloud document.

Kind regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. This with an iconography file. This document is used in other documents as an asset file. Renaming the iconography file converts to a correct save but it's also another document after saving.

This way we have to break the current link in the assets folder in de app and reimport the new link breaking all the assets links to the iconography file. When you've got a +200 iconography used in an immense load of screens you can imagine the frustration.

Hard to advocate a product like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Azullian,

We understand it could be annoying and we're sorry for the trouble. We'd like to confirm if you've performed all the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this post? and then we will take it from there.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

Did a number of steps from this and other solutions i found on adobe sources, no dice.

Tried to find extra ways to delete the temp file which is stored on my local pc and is causing the issue.

- Deleted OOBE folder in previous steps

- Searched for same name files in appdata, found them in packages, deleted the package, automatically reverted on reload/reboot, still getting the same 'local file' which is not syncing to the cloud.

My concern at this point isn't the loss of work between my local file which can't sync to the cloud due to 49, i'm willing to take the loss of the difference between my file and the clouds file. This way we can work with the cloud file and the links to the assets in the other documents stay intact.

So in short, if somebody could point me to a location where these temp files are stored so i can delete them, reboot and just pull the one from the cloud in again, that would be appreciated. I'll just make the changes i did which don't sync again.

Kr,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my comment on this issue you can find, if needed, the name of the log i made.

Another adobe resource stated that this was the right approach to give sufficient information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Removal of local files if an error 49 persists can be done this way:

1. Quit all adobe processes

2. Click start type 'run' or an equivalent in your os language

3. Enter %temp%

4. Delete all files in the local/temp folder that shows up

5. Click start type 'run' or an equivalent in your os language

6. Enter 'temp'

7. Delete all files in the temp folder that shows up

8. Reboot + relaunch cc and xd

Fixed my problem, reverted the document to cloud status, works fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the solution that worked for you, Kevin. We really appreciate it. This will definitely help our users to fix their problem.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the same problem as mentioned and have tried to solve it by deleting TMP files.

Kindly note that in the fact the autosaving is working and sharing option too. But when I need to save work right after changes to share it, the error occurs. Once I have lost all the made changes. It hinders my working process.

I see that the issue was raised on JUN 2. after that left 7 days and you did not provide the solution.

Please provide the respective solution/update asap.

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Armen Margarian,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble using Adobe XD and getting the error 49. We will try our best to help you with this error.

To proceed further, we will need to investigate the log files of your machine. Please generate log files using the information provided in this document <How to use the Creative Cloud Log Collector tool > After the files have been generated, upload the files to a shared location such as Creative Cloud, and share the URL with me over a private message.

Please send the URL of this forum post for reference. To send a private message, click my profile picture and use the Message button.

Please let me know if you face any issues with this.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines