• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error -"Sorry we can't open this document in Adobe XD" or Error 47 while opening the cloud document.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

If i will open a document from the cloud in XD i get this message:

Sorry we can't open this document.

Its a very important document for school. Who can help me?

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Crash on windows , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Hey everyone,

Sorry to hear that you're unable to open the file and get an error "Sorry that you are unable to open this document." or  Error 47, unable to open the document." We'll try our best to help you with this. 

First, there are two quick solutions which you may try. 

1. Open the same file on a different machine or user account( Windows 10/ Mac). 
  2. Download a previous version of the file from version history from assets.adobe.com using these steps (https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/revision-history-in-xd-helps-ensure-peace-of-mind-during-collaboration/m-p/10703548?page=1#M18044

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Hi there! This error message generally means that you don't have permissions to view the document, or that the document doesn't exist. Since you're obviously sharing between team members, is it possible that you have more than one Adobe IDs and are logged into one of them?

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Same error just now  

Got round it by logging in to different Mac user account, then CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

In case anybody needs a real fix, instead of the Adobe responses that don't work:

If you get error 47 after your computer has crashed, there most likely is a corrupt version of your file stored locally. I tried clearing temp files and all other suggestions, but couldn't get it fixed.

What did fix it in the end, was going to the CC Desktop app, and into your files. Locate the file that won't open, right click on it and select "make available online only". Now when you open the file it is pulled fro

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 362 Replies 362
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course!

Here's the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome, could you also run the log collector tool from this link: - -https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html and share the link of the logs along with the version of Coresync?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe XD Version: 17.0.12.11

Creative Cloud Sync: 4.2.1.51

Creative Cloud App Version: 4.8.1.435

LogCollector FIles download

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have been a great help here, that would be all at the moment. I would let you know in case we need anything else from your end. Thank you once for your cooperation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ColinDeD,

Thanks for your cooperation earlier, I would also request you to enable the crash dump using the steps mentioned here: - How to generate crash dumps on a Windows machine so that we can retrieve the logs in case you encounter any crash going forward.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's enabled now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, please lets us know in case you experience a crash with XD. I would also request you to update to the latest version, here are the steps: -Update apps to the latest release of Adobe Creative Cloud.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having the same problem sharing the on the Adobe Cloud.  When we go to open it up from another location we get the same message as above.  There is no other machine to open it up on.  Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are both on the latest versions of XD on Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shannon,

Could you please confirm if you are running Adobe XD 18? If yes, I would request you to share the logs mentioned in message #1 and enable crash dump mentioned in message #9?

Awaiting your response on this.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Even I am facing the same issue. I have an important project file in my cloud and I am not able to open that. I've even tried with Signing out and Signing In, but still, I am facing this issue. But when I tried to open in my mobile I was able to open the project. Please have a look into this issue. And please get me a solution to get it back.

Regards,

Amal Johny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the time we understand what's causing this issue, can you you try opening the file from https://assets.adobe.com/cloud-documents? You can also try opening a previous version of the document from the version history if you are facing issues with using the current version.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I've lost my work on one file, since the file is more than 1 month old.

Tried to load from here: https://assets.adobe.com/cloud-documents/urn:aaid:sc:US:cbc457ae-7537-462b-951c-068d798e75df, and clicking Open on Adobe XD, with no success.

Could you, please, help me recovering it? Thanks a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem with me now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear about your experience. Can you try the solutions in this doc https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/issue-saving-xd-file-creative-cloud.html If you need more assistance, use the chat button on this page https://adobe.ly/2WYE62m to get in touch with our tech support team for further investigation.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there this worked for me and I decided to share...I updated my Creative Cloud Desktop app, updated my Xd there and it started working again. So I guess I had an update problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jownie,

Glad to hear it has been resolved! Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions or issues in the future.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm aware of the other topics about this situation but i tried all solutions but nothing changed. it was a cloud document. i can see it on my Desktop Xd but i cant access it. Mostly the solution is "try with other PC or try with web browser" but i cant see in the "cloud documents" my file with other stuffs. Only my Desktop XD shows it. but  i can nott access it. After all, i send the project to "deleted" location i can see it there now but i cant restore it. 

computer turned off while saving. this is the reason of problem i think. I NEED HELP PLZ 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble, I'll try my best to help you out with this. Could you please try the steps shared here: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/issue-saving-xd-file-creative-cloud.html

Let us know if this helps, or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to the last version, I can´t open my project saved in the cloud. It asks me to recover it at the history panel but can´t access the project. ERROR 47

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please try the suggestion shared here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/error-quot-sorry-we-can-t-open-this-document-in-adobe-xd-quo... 

Let us know if this helps, or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have an issue opening a local file, as soon it finish loading (I can see the designs and in the left bar its printed all the artboards) then  I get the error "There was an error opening the file..." (Error code: 47). After I click ok, the document close and can't do anything.

I already tried the steps listed in a similar post with the Error 47 but for cloud documents and didn't fix the problem.(https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/error-quot-sorry-we-can-t-open-this ...)

I tried opening the file in other computers with different Adobe accounts and the issue remains. I work on this file locally, only have being shared for Design Specs with my dev team.

This is a very important document for my company all the new designs for our interface is stored there. Need help urgently my job is on the line for this error.

this is the error messagethis is the error message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. This is strange as generally, we get this error while opening a cloud document. Could you please share a few more details like:

1. A screenshot of the About XD info page.
  2. Where exactly the file is saved? Is it saved locally on your system storage or in any folder which is synced with a network location, like a google drive folder?
  3. Please try changing the location of the file to any other drive and then try opening the file.
  4. If that doesn't help, will it be possible for you to share the file with us so that we can check it on our end? If yes, please add the file to DropBox or any cloud storage and share the link here or you can send it through a private message by clicking on my name. We'll try our best to help you with this.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

First of all thanks for the support and sorry for the late reply, our office was close a few days. Regarding your notes see below:

1.- See About XD Info page below

2.- The file is stored locally in my computer (just in D drive) and the folder is not synced to a network location.

3.- I changed the file location, even the name too and didn't work. Also I copied the file to other computers and even opened with a different Adobe account (not associated with the same email I currently use) and still give the same error.

4.- I sent you the file via private message

Thanks a lot for the support, I really hope to hear from you soon

ApplicationFrameHost_q9ruEDy04D.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the file, I am getting this checked with the team and will keep you posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines