• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export an animated gif from Adobe XD auto-animation?

Contributor ,
Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to export an animated gif of an animation I have created with Adobe XD using the auto-animation feature?

Is it possible?

If so, how?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

No. But if you want to export gif from animation that have been created in Adobe Xd you can use any capture program like Camtasia or any other one  After recording screen you would be able to export gif from that movie.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for reaching out. From what I understand from your post, it looks like you're trying to export a gif file using the auto-animation feature. I have seen a similar request has been raised here: Export Animated GIF – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs to export animated gif.

I'd request you to please upvote this feature request and add your voice. Please let me know if you've any issues with this.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. But if you want to export gif from animation that have been created in Adobe Xd you can use any capture program like Camtasia or any other one  After recording screen you would be able to export gif from that movie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought of this also. Not exactly slick.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not slick ? So you'd opt to let Adobe spend scarce development resources on supporting a 32-years old flawed and crippled file format, with the graphical refinement of a pack of gravel ? Oh, please nooo... 😉

Apart from cult-inclined purposes, GIFs should be shunned in any professional area.

Let's hope the new HEIF format gets support and endorsements from major parties quickly !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriusly dude? Like it or not GIFs are a communication revolution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Thomas,

Yes you can export gif animation, but not directly from xd. All you have to do is export your xd artboard to After effects from the export option in xd, then save that after effect file in some video format after then you can convert the format to gif from adobe media encoder. I understand that this is a very long process, but this is the only way present currently to get the gif animation from xd. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I'll toss in another quick and dirty method.

Takes under 1 minute to get a reasonable result.

If you just need to show some steps, not a smoothly animated walthrough, then export the artboards as PNG images.

Collect, order, and rename them in Adobe Bridge and use its Extra – Photoshop command to Load them all into Layers.

In Photoshop, open the Timeline panel, choose Frame animation, and from the side menu pick Make Frames from Layers.

Tweak the timing to your taste, and export the lot as an animated GIF through the Save for Web (Legacy) command. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

website pdf 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save your animation as mp4 from the play feature in XD, convert the mp4 to gif using something like this

https://ezgif.com/

Takes a minute or 2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Will you please guide me on how to capture mp4? I am not able to find the feature. I am using XD on Mac.

Waheed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Waheed,

You have to record your interaction after clicking on the "Desktop Preview" button. I am sharing a link below which I think might be helpful for you. You will get the file in the ".mov" format which you can convert in ".mp4" either from online convertor or else the best way is to use Adobe Media Encoder. The other way on a mac is to use the "Quicktime" player for screen recording.

https://www.google.com/search?q=video+capture+in+xd&rlz=1C1CHBD_enIN832IN832&oq=video+capture+in+xd&...

I hope this will suffice your concern.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the prompt response. Realy helped. It was not working for me due to Security/Privacy settings in my Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a snarky comment, honestly trying to understand if this is a better workflow, but why not just build these animations with Photoshop at the expense of all of these extra steps? I like the idea of having all of my ad sizes up on one artboard like I have in Xd, but if I have to go back into Photoshop to get the animation settings right AND I'm limited by effects and things in Xd, why wouldn't I just make these animations in Photoshop in the first place?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preserving transparency for and creating transparent animated gifs or animated formats is still problematic. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there is but it involves After Effects. Design your animation on artboards with green background. then screen capture the video of animation. after that go to After Effects and using green screen removal you can remove the background and also export that in GIF format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you guys considered Photoshop, Animate or After Effects for animated gifs? They all do it pretty efficiently.

Best

mj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines