• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting vector icons to PNG, 3X is exported 100% instead of 300%

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a problem exporting vector shapes to png at 3x. For some odd reason, 3x results in 100% instead of 300%, 2x smaller, 1x reduced to tiny for no use.  On my design file, the ideal size is 16x16. I want 48x48 at 3x. I tried with many different objects. One arrow purely made of a path exported correctly, but all icons were reduceded is size. What am I doing wrong?

TOPICS
Design , How to , Import and export , Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Hey, I suspect what you might be doing wrong, as I remember being confused about it as well.

When you are exporting, there is a setting called "Designed at". This, as it states, is asking what resolution you are designing at. 

Let's say you select "3x". This means, that your design is already at 3x. So then the program divides that and generates the 1x and 2x, which are the smaller resolutions, from that 3x. This option is useful if you have a lot of raster graphics that need to be exported, a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I suspect what you might be doing wrong, as I remember being confused about it as well.

When you are exporting, there is a setting called "Designed at". This, as it states, is asking what resolution you are designing at. 

Let's say you select "3x". This means, that your design is already at 3x. So then the program divides that and generates the 1x and 2x, which are the smaller resolutions, from that 3x. This option is useful if you have a lot of raster graphics that need to be exported, as in that situation you would be working with the highest resolution naturally.

In your case, you should keep that at 1x. This means that the software is going to generate the bigger 2x and 3x resolutions on export.

Annotation 2020-08-19 131131.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. In addition to what Spas suggested, for more information, you can refer to this article: https://medium.com/thinking-design/protip-exporting-assets-in-adobe-xd-c586996de703

Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines