• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feature request: Can a single event trigger (click) cause multiple component state changes?

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a toggle component and set two states ('active' and 'inactive'). When I click on the toggle it now animates on and off.  Next, I created a text component and set two states ('active' and 'inactive') that transitions the text being displayed based on the selected state. 

I'm trying to link the states between the toggle and text so that when I click on the toggle, the text also switches between the active and inactive.  Is this scenario supported?  

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
Missing feature , Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Hi David,

Thanks for reaching out. I am afraid, as of now, we don't have an option to change the state of a different component from the same trigger however we have received a similar request on our XD UserVoice page. I'd request you to upvote this feature to add voice to it: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/38959297-allow-components-event-to-change-states-of-other-c

Let us know if you need anything else, we'll be happy to assist.

Regards

R

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can achieve this using two artboards: one for when the toggle is OFF and another for when the toggle is ON and showing the text. 

OR

You could add the text inside toggle ON state, but probably would a messy workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Thanks for reaching out. I am afraid, as of now, we don't have an option to change the state of a different component from the same trigger however we have received a similar request on our XD UserVoice page. I'd request you to upvote this feature to add voice to it: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/38959297-allow-com...

Let us know if you need anything else, we'll be happy to assist.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the follow-up and link.  I upvoted the feature and would love to help if you do decide to add it to a future version of XD (happy to beta test or provide feedback).  

Best,

-David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines