Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feature Request for Search option in Adobe XD to search files

New Here ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe XD team,

I am using for Adobe XD for UX/UI designs for my organisation.

It's a small story about me. I'll tell you.

When suddenly my boss comes to my seat asking me some file. I am always searching my files in XD where it is. While dragging and searching the files which created last six months back. My face always filled up with tiredness. I am always searching...searching.....searching. Oh, god....finally I get when my boss already leaving my seat to ask me to send the file when you get. I always test my luck.

So, I think you guys understand my frustration and same time luck.

I am using latest version of XD updated till the day.

I have attached a small reference video just for understanding.

Please work on the search option in XD, so that it will be very useful for me and for everybody.

Thanks for reading my story.

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Hi Dharma,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. We understand at times how frustrating it could be. We have received a similar request on our Adobe XD UserVoice, I'd request you to upvote this request: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/36825367-search-document-in-cloud

This is the best way of communicating with the Engineering and Product Management teams regarding issues and suggestions so they can be implemented in future releases. 

Re

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dharma,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. We understand at times how frustrating it could be. We have received a similar request on our Adobe XD UserVoice, I'd request you to upvote this request: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/36825367-search-do...

This is the best way of communicating with the Engineering and Product Management teams regarding issues and suggestions so they can be implemented in future releases. 

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but I want to let you know that my company is considering moving to Figma since XD has no search in files. This is crazy! When will that happen and how come it's not available already?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any word on this??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No response from XD so far (since October).

Shame.

Shame.

Shame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry for the delay. I am afraid, as of now, we don't have any official word by when this feature would be available, however, let me assure you, I will share your feedback with the Engineering team.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is stupid this is not a feature, shouldn't even be a request to upvote.

A search bar for files is pretty damn obvious. 

Adobe XD, a tool for user experience designers, with bad UX.  

I literally have to scroll trough all my files to search the one file I need and lost time in the process.

Shame.

Shame.

Shame.

Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES!  I am right now trying to find files I need and its a nightmare.  And BTW Adobe people who are asking for this have lots of files.  Which means they are big user 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michaell,

Sorry for the delay. Let me assure you, I'll share your feedback with the Engineering team. Please stay tuned here for updates on the feature.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HEY EVERYONE,

There is a workaround. Go to Creative Cloud, THEN search for your files. I'm so happy now. Please see video attached.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2023 Jun 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is a great workaround, thanks! Still a shame that it's not a feature in XD itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines