• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font height issues moving from Mac/PC

Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently work in a digital agency which the designers use MacOS and Windows.

A issue we constantly get is if we both jump in and out of the same file - the fonts have different heights. This then becomes an issue because the margins are then wrong for one of us.

Is there a fix for this? or can it be fixed in a future update of adobe XD.

Thanks,

Conner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Here is the post with some testing, analysis, screenshots, Adobe XD prototype lins and system info for both Mac and PC https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/roboto-font-from-google-has-different-heights-on-mac-vs-pc/m-p/11734620

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Conner,

Thank you for reaching out. I understand that it could be annoying, I'd like to know a few more details like:

• What is the OS and XD version you're using?
  • Is it happening with all the file or with a specific file?
  • Is it happening with a specific font or all the font?

Awaiting your response.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

I am using MacOS Mohave 10.14.4 and my colleague is using the latest version of windows 10.

We are both using the latest version on XD.

It happens on all files, and does not matter what font we use.

It is particularly annoying when we use area text boxes, as when I open a document I need to make the text box longer for the text to appear. even though line-height etc is set as the same. But when moved to the point text box you can see the height is different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2019 Jul 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't heard of a similar issue previously. Will check with the team and get back to you.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2019 Jul 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the details, Conner. Could you please confirm if you're working with Adobe Fonts files?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue does occur while using fonts from adobe fonts - however, the issue also occurs using google fonts and system fonts.

Thanks,

Conner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2019 Jul 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Conner,

Sorry for the delay in response. Are you still facing the same issue? Or, if you still need assistance on this one?

I would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Yes, I am still facing this issue.

I would say it's a bug in XD rather than an issue my side. Many people I have spoken to are experiencing the same issues.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Just wondering has this issue been resovled because i'm experiencing problems when I switch between my mac and windows computer. When I open my document in Windows everything looks brilliant, however, if I open the same document on my Mac, the text boxes appear to have moved up slightly which causes major problems with my tables designs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!
I'm experiencing the same issue. Working on a Mac, and also Windows 10 (both with the latest OS and Adobe products versions). Using Adobe font Effra.

When the files are opened in Mac (text is perfectly centred).
Screen Shot 2020-08-17 Mac.png

When the file is opened in Windows (text seems aligned to the top of the text container) 
Screen Shot 2020-08-17 Windows.png
Needless to say, this is very annoying because there is no way to deliver artwork with confidence that it will be viewed 100% as designed. Not to mention collaboration between different computers. This can mess up everyone's work.

Please fix or indicate a work around this issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing the issue with XD and thanks for sharing the screenshot. Would you mind telling us if it's happening with a specific font or all the fonts? I also noticed that there are no changes reflecting in the properties of fonts in property inspector on both mac and windows operating system.

We will try our best to investigate on the issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

see my reply below

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. We are using a Design System built on Mac using San Francisco font. If you change the font to Roboto on the Mac the height of the text stays the same, good. Now, switching to Windows, changing the font to Roboto changes the height of the text by 2-3 pixels and this impact the component and basically breaks the design.
Looks like a platform-dependent issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. Still nothing? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing this issue. I work on a Mac in the office and a PC at home. The line heights of all text, when using adobe fonts, are the same value but displayed differently so that all the spacings in my documents are now off and some text is hidden as it no longer fits in it's box.

This is quite an annoying problem as I now have to choose whether I'm going to work on a project at home or in the office, as it is difficult to do both when the design changes from Mac to PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing the same issue. When I open the XD file created in Windows on a Mac, the font is moved up 2-3 pixels. This happens with every font. The operating systems Windows 10 and macOS Catalina are up-to-date. The Adobe XD version as well.
Is there already something new?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any news on this VERY annoying bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here! Any fixes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got this issue but it was not connected to an OS - the problem is that fonts on fonts.adobe.com are usually of older versions. So we are getting this font height difference if I'm using Roboto (for example) from Google, and my co-worker uses Roboto from Adobe. That is why I asked all my coworkers not to use Roboto font from Adobe but download it from Google.

It's funny, how a company producing proffesional software for design can't keep their fonts up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thinking about it again: it is possible that Adobe uses different font file versions for Windows and Mac. I'm not going to check it with my friend on a Mac because we all use fonts from Google - it's more reliable. On Windows you can check a font file version from Settings - Personalization - Fonts by selecting your font. I'm not sure how to do it on Mac but I think it should not be that hard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, now we've got this bug with the Roboto font from Google on PC and Mac. I'll create a new topic (with some testing and screenshots) and put a link to this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the post with some testing, analysis, screenshots, Adobe XD prototype lins and system info for both Mac and PC https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/roboto-font-from-google-has-different-heights-on-mac-vs-pc/m...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue and this is now in AUG 2021 - unacceptable adobe. 

Pretty close to switching to FIGMA at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

+1, same issue here 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines