• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font problem in XD

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have strange problem with font Quicksand.

I install font family (light,regular,bold,semibold) on Windows. In AE, AI, ID, PS everthing is fine work like a normal font.

But in XD when I open project or make new one, and choose quicksand font

nn family font list I have (regular, regular, regular, bold, regular). First think okey, something display wrong.  No metter what I choose is always regular font. 

I try:
Reinstal font , reinstal from another source
Reinstal adobe XD
Update adobe XD
Update Windows 10

My problem is that I work with big project with this font (my rescure is that I also have macbook pro and there its work fine).  

TOPICS
Crash on windows , Known Issue , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

I opened the font files in FontForge, generated them as TrueType, ignored all warnings and errors and reinstalled it.

After that I got Quicksand working in XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble with font in XD. We would like to know a few more details like-

• Is it happening with this specific file and specific font?
  • Have you activated this from Adobe Fonts or downloaded it from third party?
  • What is the XD version of your machine?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Specific font: Quicksand.

I download font from google fonts site, from other source  and resoults was the same (this same font file from google site work perfect on mac). So In my opnion its not a font file problem

I have newest version from JUN16 2020 update, before with MAY19 2020 update, same resoults

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened the font files in FontForge, generated them as TrueType, ignored all warnings and errors and reinstalled it.

After that I got Quicksand working in XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the solution that worked for you. This might help our customers in resolving their issue. Please feel free to reach out to us in the future for any query related to XD.

We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but this isn't a 'fix', it's a hotfix for users, this is a global issue on Windows, have it with other fonts too (George for example), it works perfectly in all other programs and on MacOS, except on XD and Windows (as usual)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having same problem with Inter font

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here with INTER FONT, downloaded from Google Fonts. The 9 weights work fine on other Adobe softwares, but on XD (latest version) whatever weight I choose, only the boldest is usable, and they appear weirdly as Regular, Regular, (...), Regular, Bold.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow I am having this same exact problem with Inter Font.  Mine also shows as Regular Regular Bold Regular, is not included as a "Missing Font", but is also not showing up correctly in the text.  Were you able to resolve this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Adobe won't give a sh*t, you have to download the font directly from their website: https://rsms.me/inter/, Adobe probably will never fix this issue since they want money so bad 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Adobe won't give a damn, you have to download the font directly from their website: https://rsms.me/inter/, Adobe probably will never fix this issue since they want money so bad 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried this method. It worked for my previous laptop but it is not working for my new laptop. Please help. @

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the issue is with downloading and installing Google fonts, specifically .otf files. OTF file installs just don't seem to work in Xd - Illustrator, Photoshop and other Adobe products work fine with them.

To get around the issue in Xd, I have to source the .ttf file(s) from the source Github repo of the font (font source is usually linked to on the Google fonts page, under the 'About <font name>' section). Installing the .ttf file seems to work fine. For the Inter font, you can download the latest release .zip file (source) and grab the install file from the 'Inter Desktop' folder.

Alternatively, if the font is available on both Google fonts and Typekit, you can install the Typekit version and that will work.

It's clear that this is an Xd-specific bug with fonts on Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your findings, I am sure it will help other community members. Having said that, let me assure you, I'll share your feedback with the Engineering team.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have same issue with manrope font 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Piotrm,

Sorry for the delay in response. Would you mind trying the solution suggested in this post and let us know if that helps?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi if you are getting problem  in the quicksand font  in adobe XD just go to github and download the font family from there and install all .It will start to work wont give pblm anymore. i m attaching the github link too

https://github.com/andrew-paglinawan/QuicksandFamily/find/master

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Downloaded the .ttf files, now it works.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone is still struggling: Some fonts even won't show properly in XD if you install the up-to-date TTF versions of them. In my case, Merriweather Sans just didn't want to show the Medium and SemiBold versions, no matter if I tried the TTF files, with or without a font manager, or the variable fonts. 

Inspired by the solution, I just ran the TTF version through https://transfonter.org/, originally designed to create web fonts, used the created TTF files instead and tada, all weights are showing up. Definitely not a clean solution, but an interim one to get your fonts working, even if you have TTF versions that are recognised by all other apps on your Windows computer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe XD is completey unusable because of it's font issues.  Get your act together Adobe this shouldn't be hard.  EVERY OTHER ADOBE PROGRAM can use fonts, yet for me to add a simple google font, I have to uninstall the font from and uninstall Adobe XD and reinstall it everytime I want to add a new one.  Yes, that is what support tells me every single time!  I'm trying to switch from Photoshop to XD after 15 years of designing websites in Photoshop yet XD can't handle fonts in a simple way.  Years of problems on message boards should show you that you need to fix this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was asked today to work on XD and I fell like going 20 years backwards. 

I have to transform OTF into TTF? Seriously??

In 2022, rejecting OTF whilst ANY other app, even Microsoft Paint, functions super well with it?

I'll be using Figma instead, hoping Adobe won't ruin it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if Adobe has a dark agreement with Apple to make its softwares completely unfunctional but here is a screenshot that shows how HORRIBLE this is:

1. I uninstalled XD, restarted the computer.
  2. I opened a nex file and prompted text:

Capture d’écran (201).png

MAGIC !! 😄

The text simply does not work even with the default "font".

Guess what's even better?

No font (even the basic ones) show on the menu. OMG, i'll never use that ** again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2023 Mar 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there, I have the same problem, no fonts are showing. Unfortunately, I have to work in XD because it's part of the Coursera course I'm trying to complete. (thanks to Adobe, I might fail). Did you find a solution to the problem? Help would mean a lot to me. tnx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines