• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font styles missing (styles not loading)

Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using latest version (XD 34) and have problems with font styles not loading. For example, I installed Dosis font family from Google Fonts which has 7 styles (regular, bold, semibold etc.) but all that XD sees for this font are 6 instances of "Regular" and one "Bold" (which, by the way, when chosen looks exactly like the "Regular").

I tested this font in other applications and all styles display correctly. Do you know why this happens? Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry for the delay in response. Could you please update XD to the latest version which is 35.1 and then check if it works fine? If it still doesn't work, please try re-installing the font let us know how it goes.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishabh,

I installed the new version but the problem is still there. I tried uninstalling the font, installing only the styles I need one by one, then all of them together, I also tried installing only the Dosis-VariableFont_wght file but nothing helped.

Please note, this (or very similar thing) happens with some other fonts as well, not just with Dosis font family. For some reason, XD only recognizes "regular" and "bold" styles but even then, when I apply "bold" nothing changes, text looks the same. Not sure why this happens... : /

dosis font adobe xd.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't look right so we'll need to troubleshoot this on a remote session, so could you please contact us directly using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I clicked on the link but not sure where to click next... ? I tried "What are my contact options?" but there is too much there, don't know where to go next... : | 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I found it but for some reason I cannot delete or edit this my previous message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you manage to solve this issue? I am having the exact same problem in AdobeXD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, i spent a couple of hours on this issue but i finally solved. Summarising, i found out adobeXD doesn't handle variable font types so, in order to use the font, it is necessary to check that it is not variable before installing it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines