Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Freezing & crashing - work loss

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone.
I am a lecturer & instructor - i teach Xd for at least 2 years. I must say that lately, Xd is becoming very hard to work with due to a lot of freezes and crashes and more than that, in last two weeks, when it crashes it also doesnt save my work to the last action. 
I know that some people dont have these issues, but a lot do. I am in contact with students on daily bases and they all say the same - i see it on FB communities as well.
I started moving my main work to Figma which is, lets be honest, stable as a rock and feature wise, beats Xd almost in everything nowdays.
1. Whats with Xd's stability? Are you guys aware of it and doing something about it or if on your mac's it works ok than seems everything is ok? Just to make it more clear - people are deserting Xd and moving to Figma - thats a sure thing - i know it as a fact.
2. Whats Xd's roadmao for this year? Any exciting feature coming up? I woud love to know.
Many thanks.

TOPICS
Announcement , Crash on windows , Data loss , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for your thought and ideas. You can also see discussion arround this problems at our uservoice forum. Please use adobexd.uservoice.com this is the best place to send us feature requests. Your contributions can help us shape the future of Adobe XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ares.

Looks like a generic answer with not too much of attention. Its not a feature request, in case not noticed.
I dont know even if its a real answer on an automatically generated one.
If u guys dont want to seriously answer on what i wrote - thats perfectly ok.
If crashing like 6 - 8 times a day and having to re-do lost work time after time seems like a feature request, well, ok than. 
I'll just drop the case.

Just reminding that Xd has a really hard competitor out there so i think you should take users more seriously.
Dont get me wrong even for a sec - i love Xd, teaching it and working on it, but lately it just became really impossible.
It crashes endless times (with the zoom its even moreterrible) while i am teaching it (!) Think for a moemnt how i feel as the teacher...

Anyway,

thaks for reaching out,

Yariv.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Yariv-

Thanks for your interest in XD! I'll make sure to flag this post for our support agents to reach out about crashes - they are not expected, and we'd love to understand more about your machine setup. One thing to note is that if you're using Windows, you should confirm that your graphics card drivers are up-to-date with the manufacturer's drivers. Windows will install generic drivers by default, and crashes may occur when the OS and the graphics card don't agree on how to communicate with one another.

If you're on Mac, we'd love to understand the nature of the crashes, so more specific errors would be super helpful. Screenshots, logs, etc., are all a requirement for us to take any action on your feedback. We definitely appreciate you reaching out.

As for our roadmap, we don't publish a public roadmap, but we have shared about the types of things that we're working on publicly via Twitter. Here's a thread from our VP, which talks in depth about some of the areas we're investing in: https://twitter.com/ashorten/status/1339704790666727424?s=20

Hope that helps!

Thanks,

Elaine Chao

Sr. Product Manager, Adobe XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Elain.

Thanks a lot for your reply and attention.
I am using windows, graphic card is up to date. Its not a real strong one, but definitely a one that is suppose to do the job.
I am using a Lenovo Thinkpad, 32gb of Ram, NVIDIA Quadro M520 graphic card, SSD drive.
I never experienced such teribble days with Xd as i experience last few months and specially last few weeks.

When Xd crashes and doesnt save my work  - well - thats a red flag to me. That means i cant trust it anymore.

Imagine when i teach students and they see me fighting with Xd a few times just to open it, work a bit, and than it crashes again - what will they choose? Xd or Figma? 🙂 And i hear that all over the place...
Sorry for being harsh, but something is wrong with this picture, at least in my opinion.

I appreciate your reply very much!
Thanks again,
Yariv.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And thank you for the twitter link - will see it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines