• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Frequently stops recognizing keyboard inputs

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason, XD will just stop letting me edit text. I will double-click into a text box, but it won't let me edit the text at all. When this happens, my only option is to close out and restart the document.

This is happening much more frequently with the latest update. Yesterday alone, I think I had this "mini-crash" 6 times in about 4 hours.

Very frustrating to say the least.

I am on a Windows machine, standard installation, no plugins.

TOPICS
Crash on windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

It's been a known bug/issue for a long time. Not sure if they think it's fixed, or just don't consider it a priority, but the same problem keeps popping up every other day from various users.

The "fix" for now is Alt+Tab. When you switch back to Xd it starts working again.

This thread discusses the same issue:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/keyboard-working-intermittently-after-update-to-v9-1-12-3/m-p/9926684

@Rishabh_Tiwari 

It happens on any file.

Sometimes it doesn't happen at all o

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please share a few more details like:

1. The version of XD and Windows OS build.
  2. Does this happen while working on a specific file or multiple files?
  3. Please ensure that the graphics card driver is up to date as per the manufacturer's website.
  4. Please collect and share system logs by following the steps shared here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been a known bug/issue for a long time. Not sure if they think it's fixed, or just don't consider it a priority, but the same problem keeps popping up every other day from various users.

The "fix" for now is Alt+Tab. When you switch back to Xd it starts working again.

This thread discusses the same issue:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/keyboard-working-intermittently-after-update-to-v9-1-12-3/m-...

@Rishabh_Tiwari 

It happens on any file.

Sometimes it doesn't happen at all on a file with many layers / components.

Sometimes it happens on a new file, 5 seconds after creating it, with no layers and 1 artboard.

I would say it's unpredictable, or at least I haven't managed to see a pattern or what's causing it.

It's been happening for at least a year or two, and I update all my graphics drivers / windows / Xd whenever there's an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the Alt-Tab option -- I will try that next time.

BTW, I have it on two different laptops and it happens on both, very inconsistently. All drivers are all updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines