• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error -"Sorry we can't open this document in Adobe XD" or Error 47 while opening the cloud document.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

If i will open a document from the cloud in XD i get this message:

Sorry we can't open this document.

Its a very important document for school. Who can help me?

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Crash on windows , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Hey everyone,

Sorry to hear that you're unable to open the file and get an error "Sorry that you are unable to open this document." or  Error 47, unable to open the document." We'll try our best to help you with this. 

First, there are two quick solutions which you may try. 

1. Open the same file on a different machine or user account( Windows 10/ Mac). 
  2. Download a previous version of the file from version history from assets.adobe.com using these steps (https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/revision-history-in-xd-helps-ensure-peace-of-mind-during-collaboration/m-p/10703548?page=1#M18044

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Hi there! This error message generally means that you don't have permissions to view the document, or that the document doesn't exist. Since you're obviously sharing between team members, is it possible that you have more than one Adobe IDs and are logged into one of them?

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Same error just now  

Got round it by logging in to different Mac user account, then CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

In case anybody needs a real fix, instead of the Adobe responses that don't work:

If you get error 47 after your computer has crashed, there most likely is a corrupt version of your file stored locally. I tried clearing temp files and all other suggestions, but couldn't get it fixed.

What did fix it in the end, was going to the CC Desktop app, and into your files. Locate the file that won't open, right click on it and select "make available online only". Now when you open the file it is pulled fro

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 362 Replies 362
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XD Version: 41.0.12

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rajneesh,

Could you please update XD to the latest version which is 41.1.12 and then try opening the file and let us know if that helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am also having this issue. The file is a local file and it opened just fine previously. Is Adobe able to recover the file at all? I do not have it saved on a cloud. That Adobe account was for a previous workplace and is deactivated. To reiterate, I am trying to open a local file not a cloud file and I get the Error 47 code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2019 Jan 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

My adobe XD project I was working on crashed and then I've got an error message displaying error code 47 while trying to open it. I searched this forum for solution, and all the solutions propose didn't work, however I saw that some people getting it sending you the file.

Can somebody please help me recover it? It is a very important project.

I´m using windows and the latest XD Version.

Thanks in advance,

Erick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Erick,

Would it be possible for you to share your file with us? You can upload it to a shared location such as Creative Cloud and share the URL with me over a private message. To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2017 Apr 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

So i was working away and i think my PC overheated and restarted. Now when i go to open the Xd file i was working on i get 'there was an error opening the file.. (Error Code 47)'. Is there anything i can do to be able to reopen this file?

Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi danielm25218186,

Sorry to hear you're having this problem. I'll contact you privately to ask for your file so we can hopefully fix it.

Thanks,

Justin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been any update on the file?

Cheers,

Daniel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Unfortunately, we cannot recover the data on the file since it got corrupted.

We logged an internal issue for this and we're working on avoiding stuff like this happening in the future.

Thanks,

Remzi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bad luck!!

Thanks for your help Remzi.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had the same exact thing happen to me!

I had my XD project open when my computer froze. I had to hard reboot it. Came back from lunch and now my project won't open at all, error code 47.  Ack!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies to those who are hitting this issue.  To the best of my understanding, what's happening is: the OS is telling XD to shut down, so it starts auto-saving the file, but then before it can finish the OS pulls the plug, leaving you with half the file missing.  We are hard at work on making this more robust, in several ways.

I believe our next public release will include the first improvement, which should make it so you only lose your unsaved changes when Windows pulls the plug on us, rather than corrupting the entire file.

Until then, please save often and use a backup solution -- that is a good insurance policy to have no matter what.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2017 Apr 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just happened to me, too. Is there seriously no way to recover my work??!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just experienced the same problem. My computer abruptly restarted and when it rebooted I tried opening my work file and it gave me error code 47. I've tried converting my agc<number> file to a .xd in a different folder and still to not avail.
Is there any way for me to restore it? Thanks.

I'm currently using the 0.6.34.3 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Sorry to hear you have experienced the same issues an that you have lost your work. I've also had the same error code this morning, but under slightly different circumstances...

I worked on the file yesterday, closed down as normal, shut PC down.  Started up PC this morning, file wouldn't open - got the Error 47 code. The file is saved on a server - so i thought maybe a server issue. I realised I still had a week old version of the file on my desktop! Tried opening this - wouldn't open.

So, i then uninstalled the beta, restarted PC, then re-installed beta. File on desktop opened! File on the server won't open - same error 47 code. Really glad i had a week old copy of my file - but at the same time - that's a lot of work i have lost over a week.

I hope some one can help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there PeterFlynn,

I wanted to find out from Adobe if this auto-save problem has been fixed in XD for Mac? I had the same issue and lost 2 whole days worth of work because I believed that it had the same autosave capabilities as Photoshop and Illustrator.

Best,

Nathan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I was working on my design file on adobe XD after that, the windows crashed and the blue screen appear.

After that, I can not open the XD File and this error appear to me!!

Please, can you help me with this error!!

I attached a screenshot for the error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ahmeds84795542 , 

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Please share a few more details like:

1. The version of XD & OS.
  2. Is this happening with a specific file or multiple files?
  3. Was it a local file or a cloud document?
  4. Please try saving it as a local document and in case if it is still not opening, please share the file by adding it to a shared location, like Google Drive or DropBox.
  5. We'll also need the system logs.

Please add XD file and logs file to a shared location and share it through DM by clicking on my name.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. The version of XD 48.0.12
  2.  OS Windows 10 Version 21H2 for x64
  3. with a specific
  4. local file
  5. Link for the XD File was shared in your DM
  6. system logs. Was shared in your DM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Rishabh_Tiwari 
Any updates, please??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All you really can do is keep trying to open the document. Any server-side fixes will be slow to make their way back into this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to access my cloud files and this error message keeps on appearing, please help me access my files i need them ASAP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry for the trouble. Would you mind trying the steps suggested in the correct to this post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/error-quot-sorry-we-can-t-open-this-document-in-adobe-xd-quo... and let us know if that helps.

We'll try our best to help.

Thanks,

Madhumati

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi omara65456468,

We would like to follow up on your issue. Are you able to resolve the issue by following the steps shared? Please feel free to update the discussion if you need further assistance.

We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines