• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Grid and Flow view for Share for Development (XD version-21.0.12.11)

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2019 Jul 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would you change the specification for the July 2019 release of XD? - I preferred the last version as it laid everything out as intended. Is there a way to allow the user to decide what view they would like?

The Tittle was edited by Moderator.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new visualisation lacks all sense of relative size. It's indeed a step backwards in usefulness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Can you please help me understand how were you getting the relative size information in earlier UX flow view, and what were you using that information for?
We are monitoring all the feedback and want would like to see if we can enhance the Grid view in some way to provide you with the necessary information.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why isn't the design specs mirroring the layout of the artboards in XD anymore? Now it's impossible to see how the userflow goes cause every single artboard is just rendered next to each other and the original setup is gone from the index page. What's the purpose of this? Makes no sense at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, I can no longer see the size / scope of the prototype...everything has been given the same width / height and laid out in a grid.

BTW: I love the screen view prototype / specification feature - it's just the grid view. There is no way to see the flow clearly now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't get why Adobe did this. The artboards were mirroring the XD layout and I've always arranged my artboards in correspondence with the flow - so why Adobe all of a sudden decided to remove this connection is beyond me. What were they thinking? At least they could have introduced a feature that made it possible to arrange artboards manually from within design specs by drag and drop and give us the opportunity to add text label to each section, just like Zeplin. Now it's just complete chaos. Totally pointless and utterly destructive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We understand it could be annoying. the team is already aware of this and are working on it. We'd request you all to submit your feedback here: Grid and Flow view for Share for Development – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs and add your voice.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done. Now, how many developers does it take to reinstate this feature ? Minus one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One might say that developers don't need to see how physically large screens relatively are – they should just start coding...

But the relative geometry of the screens, their perceived grouping and its mapped overview, it all helps to give more insight in the project as a whole, to oversee its scope, and the separate screens their relative dimensions. Also for developers...

And It helps to prevent silly mistakes in communicating about it:

"Take note of that section of larger iPone 8+ designs on the left." – "Section on the left ? Which larger design ?"

So the jump from the sheer ergonomics of an overview to a rigid grid of similarly sized icons and names is too cruel.

Offer both, offer a choice in the top bar, a preference, whatever. But don't throw away this valuable visual cue.

Developers are still humans – not robots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about "share for review", this item is also for developers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holy sh*t guys, please bring back the old Design Specs Layout. My developers hate the new one, nobody have a overview of the userflow, it's really horrible!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, what is the status of this problem? Can we get back the old Design Specs soon???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Colin,

We understand it could be frustrating. If you're following the feedback request, the status has been changed to feature started. The team has started working on his. I would request you to please stay tuned to the feedback request for more updates.

We're sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines