• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hand tool is not working

Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When spacebar is pressed, cursor changes appearance to hand tool, but it is not working.

Win 10

XD 0.6.28.10 version

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

I have CS6 Suite on Asus laptop w WIN10 and got this same problem in Illustrator.

found the fix is to use WIN key in addition to holding Spacebar.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Do not press win key + space bar (which is for changing keyboard language settings). Press space bar + win key and it works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too... and i also can't use all of tool after update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried that version under Windows 10, and it seems to work ok. Does it fail to work if you try the Tutorial document?

Also, are you holding down the spacebar? Just pressing and releasing won't let you pan the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn`t work in the Tutorial document.

I`m holding down the spacebar.

I have restarted comp several times and reinstalled XD using Adobe Creative Cloud. It didn`t help.

Do you have any suggestion?

If not, how can I roll back to the previous version XD? There wasn`t any problem with the hand tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel sure it would be a problem in the previous version too, but generally Xd is only available in the current version.

Read through this thread:

Illustrator CS6 Spacebar stops working seemingly randomly

It's about Illustrator, and some of the users are on Mac, but several are on Windows. In some cases there was a conflict with a browser extension, or with Spotify. See if the spacebar works when you have no browsers open. In one case someone quit the CC app, and that fixed it too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i was working on xd my tool bar not working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! It was helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im unable to open the link. Hope you could help me with the issue. Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Photoshop CC 2018. The problem with the spacebar not working only occurs on my laptop that has a trackpad but not my PC that does not. I found that a program called "TouchFreeze" caused the problem. TouchFreeze prevents the trackpad from working as long as I am pressing a key. This would normally prevent the trackpad from interfering with keyboarding. However, when I am using Photoshop or Lightroom the TouchFreeze utility blocks the trackpad (or pen on a tablet) from functioning as long as the space bar is pressed. Once I closed TouchFreeze, the problem resolved. I have subsequently uninstalled the utility and everything works fine in Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2023 Jul 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A similar issue facing while I was doing work for my website rent luxury car in dubai, it is hard to know how can overcome as I keep editing images of cars and finding the correct solution. you might have solved then let me know please thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have CS6 Suite on Asus laptop w WIN10 and got this same problem in Illustrator.

found the fix is to use WIN key in addition to holding Spacebar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2018 Sep 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks it works for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the only solution that worked for me...

From Goldfinger! WIN key in addition to holding Spacebar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spacebar + Win Key is for changing keyboard language profiles. Unfortunately, this doesn't work for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not press win key + space bar (which is for changing keyboard language settings). Press space bar + win key and it works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appreciate your answer for the keyboard shortcut to use the Hand tool, Simran. This will really help our customers to fix the issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how to just using space bar for using the handtool,not with the combination of spacebar + winkey?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no such way as far as I know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked! Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it worked. Thanks simranss

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS MIGHT HELP: I've read it somewhere else, so it's not my trick, but minimizing and maximizing the program makes the Hand tool available again! Well, it works for me. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2019 Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why it works, we can't know.  Adobe!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this worked for me haha, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a tool that is supposed to help build UI/UX it has a pretty bad UX, I'm only a few days with Adobe XD and I cannot navigate my viewport. I have no choice but to try alternative solutions like Figma, I'm sure they thought of including a scrollbar to pan large viewports. The hand tool acts up and randomly stops working, I've got the latest updates on my drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines