• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Hardware]-Mouse scroll direction not working properly in XD on MacOS.

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed that Adobe XD mouse scroll direction is unchangeable or it doesn't follow the macOS user preferences for mouse scrolling.

At first, it might not seem a big deal but if the macOS System Preferences > Mouse > Point and click is set to "Scroll direction natural" when moving around from other Adobe Apps, e.g. Illustrator, Photoshop, etc., the behavior in XD creates a bit of stress, especially if the Scroll direction natural is checked, meaning that scroll > up zooms in, scroll down > zooms out.

A nice feature to either have it in preferences or assume the user system preferences.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Hi @Tiago Mira,

We deeply apologize for the frustration and inconvenience you all have experienced. We understand how frustrating it can be to encounter such issues. Please know that we have reproduced the problem on our end and have already logged it as a bug.

We are actively working on resolving this issue, and I'll personally keep you informed of any updates and progress in this post. 

Once again, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Thank you for your und

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out and using Adobe XD. I am unable to reproduce the same at my end may be i am missing something. Could you please share the exact same steps to reproduce the same? Would you mind sharing the operating system build and XD version you are using? It would be really helpful if you can share a short video of the same so that we can understand better.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2019 Dec 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

Thank you for your reply.

Below the specifications and after the steps to reproduce the behavior that is not consistent with other Adobe CC software. 

Product: Adobe XD 25.1.12.7  CCS 4.3.20.55

Computer:MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) with Processor 2,2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

Mouse: Apple Magic Mouse 2

Mouse settings:

Screenshot 2019-12-23 at 10.23.03.png

The steps are:

The Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Open or create a document in which an artboard will be visible;

Normal or base view:
    Screenshot 2019-12-23 at 10.29.23.png
  2. With the mouse, swipe your finger forward over the mouse while holding the "option" key to zoom out;
  3. This should result in the artboard to zoom out but it zooms in.

Expected:
    Screenshot 2019-12-23 at 10.29.54.png
    Behavior:
    Screenshot 2019-12-23 at 10.30.17.png

4. With the mouse, swipe your finger backward while holding the "option" key;
  5. This should result in the artboard to zoom in but it zooms out.

Expected:
    Screenshot 2019-12-23 at 10.29.54.png
    Behavior:
    Screenshot 2019-12-23 at 10.30.17.png

I hope that this flow clarifies what I reported. If not, please let me know.

Thank you.

Kind regards

Mario

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I struggle with the same issue.

Mario! I am glad that you made such a great effort to clarify step by step the problem.

Any solutions ADOBE?

Harshika could you provide any sort of answer, please?

best,
Voytek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay in response. We have a current version of XD available (28.4). Would you mind updating it to the current version and let us know if the problem still persists?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still Persists. you guys need to take look on this soon.. It is very difficult to work on with inverted zoom 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same problem 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble. Could you please share the OS and XD version of your machine? Is it still happening on XD 33 version?

We will try our best to investigate on the issue again.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika, 

just updated to the latest version (XD 34.2.12) and the issue still persists. I’m running it on macOS Catalina version 10.15.5. I’ve never had this issue in any software I’ve ever used, including over 10 other Adobe apps. Combined with the completely different set of shortcuts Adobe is making it unnecessarily hard to switch from InDesign and other Adobe software to XD. I hope these issues will be fixed soon, because this not a welcoming design experience. 

Thank you for taking care of this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that. Are you experiencing this issue on other Adobe apps as well?

We will try our best to investigate on the issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harishka, thanks for the reply. No, as I mentioned before, I’ve never had this issue in any other app I’ve ever used. I’m also running InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere Pro and some other Adobe apps. None of them have this issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this? The inverted zoom-scrolling makes XD really hard to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anders,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please share the version of XD and OS? Could you also record a small video with on screen keyboard enabled and capture the behaviour so that we can reproduce this issue and help you in best possible way. Is it happening with traditional mouse or with apple magic mouse?

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest macOS (12.0.1) and latest Adobe XD (45.0.62.17, installed yesterday).

The issue seems to be that when Natural Scroll = On in System Preferemces/Mouse - zoom to scroll direction does not change as expected in Adobe XD. See the attached video where I basically scroll down in a document then starts to hold cmd - note how zoom direction is inverted (relative to scroll direction) when natural scroll is on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I am having the same issues as described previously.  Is there an update on the zoom in and out issue? I will not be able to use XD if there is no way to invert the mouse + zoom direction.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To follow up.  I was not able to sort this issue out and have moved away from XD to Figma.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2022 Aug 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG. I do not believe that this problem persits year by year. Until now my XD still have this problem with macOS 12.5 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2023 and teh problem persits

Adobe............

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First impression after launching the program: I cant use zoom like I do it in other apps. Poor experience. 
Pls, check Sketch app settings as a reference. They have the checkbox for "Invert scroll direction". It can be a good idea to do the same
Screenshot 2022-10-26 at 15.26.13.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADOBE can you please do something?
We can see on this post this problem presist from 2020 until know. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Tiago Mira,

We deeply apologize for the frustration and inconvenience you all have experienced. We understand how frustrating it can be to encounter such issues. Please know that we have reproduced the problem on our end and have already logged it as a bug.

We are actively working on resolving this issue, and I'll personally keep you informed of any updates and progress in this post. 

Once again, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines