• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with scaling/resizing elements

Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a couple components I made that I'm trying to resize, but it's not working properly.  I'm attaching a couple screenshots, and will also upload the XD file so you can poke around and see if you can catch where my mistake is.  I assume there's something in the responsive resize settings, but I can't find the correct combination of settings.

Here's a download link for the XD file.  Let me know if it doesn't work: https://catharticproductions.box.com/s/aw6fpksz2q8c0ik7lhddqusme0qorebm

Web 1920 – 2.jpgWeb 1920 – 1.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Inconsistent behavior in Xd? What a surprise 🙂 

Well, there's been a bug with responsive resize of icons & other complex groups of shapes that have been imported into Xd. It has probably been there for a couple of years, I don't even know. I always disable responsive resize, and lock the aspect ratio on icons & illustrations to avoid issues.

Also, as a general rule of thumb - avoid resizing components... What can I say, sometimes it feels like Xd is still in beta... At least your file will

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Inconsistent behavior in Xd? What a surprise 🙂 

Well, there's been a bug with responsive resize of icons & other complex groups of shapes that have been imported into Xd. It has probably been there for a couple of years, I don't even know. I always disable responsive resize, and lock the aspect ratio on icons & illustrations to avoid issues.

Also, as a general rule of thumb - avoid resizing components... What can I say, sometimes it feels like Xd is still in beta... At least your file will serve as a nice material for bug reporting. All the problems carried over 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines