• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

High CPU usgae on windows machine after updating to XD 42.1 version

Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After new update of adobe XD on windows PC, My CPU utilization is at 100% most of the times. This freezes my PC and make it unusable. I have to kill and restart XD every 20 minutes which is very frustrating.

Processor

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6600U CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.80 GHz

Ram 

6.0 GB (15.8 GB usable

OS version

Windows 10 Pro

<Title renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Hi All,

We really appreciate your patience. The team hears you all and they are able to fix this performance issue. We highly encourage you to please update XD to 43 version and let us know if your issue is resolved.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Please uninstall XD using the cleaner tool using the https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html and then re-install XD and let us know if that solves the issue. If it still crashes, please share a few more details like:

1. The version of XD.
  2. Is this happening on a specific file or multiple files? 
  3. Please share system logs by following the steps shared here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishab,

Thank you for your reply. Let me install it again

Version is 42.0.22

This is happening on almost all the files I have. the new version has become totally unusable. It hangs a lot, screen freezes at random, the text tool stops working every 5 minutes. Even the options on right hand side to resize components/provide shadow stops working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ram in 16 GB not 6 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please re-install and let us know if that helps or if you need any further assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue, since the exact same update.

I can't re-install without asking to the administrator of my company, did the re-install changed anything for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Almost 100% CPU usage. Slowes down to a speed where I'm unable to work.

Re-installed two times. Used CC cleaner tool. Made a NVRAM reset (cmd alt P R). 

Works for a bit and then starts all over. It's either fast or slow in all documents. 

I'm part of a big company and this problem is jeopardising our work.

Adobe XD / 42.0.22.11

MacOS / 11.5.1

MacBook Pro / 2,8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 / 16 GB RAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishabh,

Same issue here. Almost 100% CPU usage. Slowes down to a speed where I'm unable to work.

Re-installed two times. Used CC cleaner tool. Made a NVRAM reset (cmd alt P R). 

Works for a hour or two and then starts all over!

It's either fast or slow in all documents. 

I'm part of a big company and this problem is jeopardising our work.

Please pleas help! 

Adobe XD / 42.0.22.11

MacOS / 11.5.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rishab@artbucks9 re-installation and cleaner Tool didn't work. Please help!

Version / 42.0.22.11

MacOS / 11.5.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rishab@artbucks9  I have to restart XD every hour to be able to keep working with cloud documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. The Adobe XD process is taking up between 50 & 60% CPU usage when idling, as in single file open but not doing anything with it. It now frequently crashes. Update please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Please help us. that's happening when i updated to version 41.0.22

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely the same issue here. In answer to Rishabh's questions:

1. Version 42.0.22;
  2. It's happening across any file I open. Albeit most of our files are of similar complexity and size - generally 2 to 6 artboards, each containing a web design. This doesn't seem excessive, and has never previously been an issue;
  3. I submitted logs on Thursday 29th July 2021, and was given the reference AdobeLogs_20210729_023947_109-win.zip.

It's vitally important that this is resolved as swiftly as possible. At present XD is literally unworkable - I click on a page element and the application freezes for around 30 seconds. And other applications become unresponsive as XD is constantly pushing the CPU to 100%.

I have tried uninstalling XD via the CC Cleaner (and also removed the Creative Cloud Desktop application itself). After reinstalling Creative Cloud Desktop and XD, things were OK for about 15 minutes.

However since that time the exact same freezing/100% CPU issues have re-emerged.

Our company fully invested in XD as its primary design resource; please push a fix for this as soon as you possibly can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Customer support team,

If we can share the details with the product team and get the resolution on priority, that would be great. It will save important hours for so many of us. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working in offline mode it's running good....  but sad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, quite. It somewhat diminishes the usefulness of what's supposed to be a collaborative, cloud-based piece of software...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue too since last update. Please look into it asap because we really can't work like that! Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Please fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry for all the trouble. Please collect and share system logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html so that we can escalate this further. 

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue persists after updating. I'm now on 42.1.22.4 and still crashing when opening more than 1 file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please fix! It's really important for the our company!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.

Started with v 42.0.22, persists with v. 42.1.22

Windows 10 Pro

8.0 GB RAM

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7300U CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2712 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also had an improvement after following the steps that @stamen outlines here 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines